Want to add blocks to the checkout page?

I would like to see a way to add blocks to the checkout page, within the checkout process. For instance I have a return policy and want it posted on the checkout page before customers agree to the terms and checkout. This way people can never say that they didn’t see it.

I have seen other carts with this done but none were like CS-Cart.

and you can't use an html block…??

[quote name='ckad79' timestamp='1349058830' post='146058']

I would like to see a way to add blocks to the checkout page, within the checkout process. For instance I have a return policy and want it posted on the checkout page before customers agree to the terms and checkout. This way people can never say that they didn't see it.

I have seen other carts with this done but none were like CS-Cart.

[/quote]

So you would like to add some text before the “Agree terms and conditions” checkbox?

[quote name='drahos.istvan' timestamp='1349082236' post='146083']

So you would like to add some text before the “Agree terms and conditions” checkbox?

[/quote]

Yes. I know how to add blocks above and below the main content but that won't work. I want one last reminder before they hit agree to terms and checkout. Something about our return policy, that way nobody can say “I didn't see your return policy”.

thanks.

For what you want to do, just do a search for 'terms' in the Administration/Languages area and find the info you either want to replace or add to and either replace it or add to it. You can add html or use plain text.

[quote name='ckad79' timestamp='1349102558' post='146109']

Yes. I know how to add blocks above and below the main content but that won't work. I want one last reminder before they hit agree to terms and checkout. Something about our return policy, that way nobody can say “I didn't see your return policy”.

thanks.

[/quote]

1. Create a template file named:

/skins/YOURSKIN/customer/addons/my_changes/hooks/checkout/terms_and_conditions.pre.tpl
  2. Write some extra text here (HTML formatted, or simply some extra language variable)
  3. Clear site cache
  4. The extra text will appear above the “Agree terms and conditions” checkbox (if my_changes addon is enabled)

This is the most elegant version of your request.

[quote name='drahos.istvan' timestamp='1349177850' post='146176']

1. Create a template file named:

/skins/YOURSKIN/customer/addons/my_changes/hooks/checkout/terms_and_conditions.pre.tpl
  2. Write some extra text here (HTML formatted, or simply some extra language variable)
  3. Clear site cache
  4. The extra text will appear above the “Agree terms and conditions” checkbox (if my_changes addon is enabled)

This is the most elegant version of your request.

[/quote]

Im also trying to make some changes in products_qty_discounts.tpl which is saved in views/products/componentes/.

I created a new products_qty_discounts.tpl in [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]/skins/MYSKIN/customer/addons/[/font][/color]my_changes/hooks/products/ and cleared cache but I don't see changes. M I doing something wrong?

thanks,

You need to search on and research how template hooks are used. You don't just replace files and drop them somewhere.

did the reaearch and already found the anwser…

thanks anyway…

[quote name='UrKo' timestamp='1350154386' post='146989']

did the reaearch and already found the anwser…

thanks anyway…

[/quote]

And the answer is ?

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1350160767' post='146992']

And the answer is ?

[/quote]

[url=“http://docs.cs-cart.com/addon-connection”]http://docs.cs-cart.com/addon-connection[/url]

[quote name='UrKo' timestamp='1350187976' post='147002']

http://docs.cs-cart…ddon-connection

[/quote]

As I see there is no hook for qunatity discounts.