Vps Memory For 5K Products

Hi,

We're moving to a VPS and I just wanted to seek advice on how much RAM we need to run our cs-cart store with decent performance. We currently have 5k products and can grow to 7k, 500 categories. 4k users with low traffic. 2GB VPS should do the trick? We're using 4.3

TIA!

Hi Franca,

I would recommend to use 4GB or more. For example just the CentOS Linux will not run with less then 1GB of memory. The installer needs at least 406MB of memory to work. On systems with less memory then 406MB the installation will terminate with a fatal error.

James

Hello,

If you will use Nginx+PHP7 FPM+CS-Cart 4.3.6, 2-3 GB RAM should be enough even for a high visitors' traffic.

Thank you both for the response.

We plan to upgrade to 4.3.6 + PHP 7 soon. for the meantime, will our 4.3.2 store work on nginx by default?

In order to all the things work correctly, you should use non-default Nginx configuration. Follow the instructions at our docs for CS-Cart + Nginx: http://docs.cs-cart.com/4.3.x/install/nginx.html

Hello,

If you will use Nginx+PHP7 FPM+CS-Cart 4.3.6, 2-3 GB RAM should be enough even for a high visitors' traffic.

Until you do an export or generate a google export.

Until you do an export or generate a google export.

Hello!

The only currently confirmed enormously high memory usage case is an import of a huge CSV file. Unfortunately, current architecture limits us in fixing that behavior. For now the only workaround is splitting the huge file into a several smaller ones.

If you are facing any problems with high memory usage during an export or Google export, please create an issue at our bugtracker and we will investigate your problem.

Thank you!

In order to all the things work correctly, you should use non-default Nginx configuration. Follow the instructions at our docs for CS-Cart + Nginx: http://docs.cs-cart.com/4.3.x/install/nginx.html

Thank you. Would it also help to use Redis with only 2GB memory?

Thank you. Would it also help to use Redis with only 2GB memory?

This should be examined in an experimental way, because the amount of consumed memory by a Redis is dependent on your site's unique traffic conditions.

But anyway storing session data in Redis is way much faster than storing them in DB.

Hello,

Can i get the same (or close) performance with Apache + Nginx as proxy server? I'm trying to avoid to rewrite my .htacess

thanks

Redis with only 2GB memory is going to have problems.