Vivashop - The #1 Selling Theme For Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor

Dear EnergoTheme Team,

We appreciate and love the vivashop theme you have developed for cs-cart, which is so far the best we have seen. We bought the theme for our website. We have been facing issues with theme installation, first it was issue with our hosting service provider so to avoid those issues and impact on our business we have migrated our site to AWS.

After all the setup and installation of theme we are still facing the issue as when we activate the energothemes from admin panel, it shows blank on our website. We have contacted you regarding the same.

Though we understand that you don't work on Sat/Sun, but any response today will be really helpful.

We are quite excited and eagerly waiting to have this theme on our website. Will appreciate if you can respond/help us ASAP.

Thanks.

Dear EnergoTheme,

Thanks for your prompt response. As we are implementing your theme on our website, we are excited that your theme will give a boost to our e-com business. Good work EnergoTheme Team.

Once again thanks for the lovely theme and a wonderful support

Regards,

Well it's finally happened. My site is TOTALLY OFFLINE because the theme developer's site is down!

I just logged into the backend of my site to enter tracking info for packages shipped today and immediately got an error message saying “Error: Please make sure the theme is installed and activated.”

I checked the front end of the site and sure enough, all I get is a blank white screen!!

So then I go to energothemes.com to contact their support, and their site won't load. Which explains why my site won't load.

This is bad.

EnergoThemes you need to find some other way of handling this!!

was about to purchase this theme and now become hesitated.

To be fair their site wasn't down very long.

I do think they need to find another way to protect their software though.

They confirmed, once license activated no need developer site again for check license.

But domain or folder changed, license check needed. When checking, developer site down, your site died.

I have purchase vivashop and energot theme. But I don't like their bad license mechanism. default theme used again.

I think their themes not used at our site for next 50 years .

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1424205231' post='205595']

Well it's finally happened. My site is TOTALLY OFFLINE because the theme developer's site is down!

I just logged into the backend of my site to enter tracking info for packages shipped today and immediately got an error message saying “Error: Please make sure the theme is installed and activated.”

I checked the front end of the site and sure enough, all I get is a blank white screen!!

So then I go to energothemes.com to contact their support, and their site won't load. Which explains why my site won't load.

This is bad.

EnergoThemes you need to find some other way of handling this!!

[/quote]

Hello kingsleypress,

As we explained in our previous posts, in case our servers are down, the theme will continue to work as it has a failsafe that activates after you correctly check the license the first time. If our server is down, this will let you fail the license check a few times (when you login to your admin panel), and you do NOT receive an error during your license error fail.

The error you received: “Error: Please make sure the theme is installed and activated.” means that your server couldn't temporary load all the necessary details to check that the theme was installed and activated.

You may always contact our Support Center in case the site doesn’t work, because as you already know, we’ll be there to help. No support enquiry was received from you even though, like you mentioned, you could access our site short time after. Being the creators of VIVAshop, we know the best how to help you in case you have an issue.

The only way to prevent somehow that a developer’s hard work is not getting pirated, would be if CS-Cart themselves would help developers implement ways to license themes and addons, as the code already exists and is implemented for the main CS-Cart licensing code. This code should then be tied to the CS-Cart Marketplace site so it can be administered.

Kind regards,

EnergoThemes

[quote name='user2008' timestamp='1424263174' post='205659']

They confirmed, once license activated no need developer site again for check license.

But domain or folder changed, license check needed. When checking, developer site down, your site died.

I have purchase vivashop and energot theme. But I don't like their bad license mechanism. default theme used again.

I think their themes not used at our site for next 50 years .

[/quote]

Hello user2008

Your issue has nothing to do with our licence verification server. It is related to using our theme on different URLs, other than the one you registered with us. This is the main reason we have implemented this license add-on, to protect our hard work.

As we already mentioned right in this thread, license add-on verifies your license every time you login to the admin panel, just as the CS-Cart license verification itself, regardless if you change the domain or not. So it’s not like you activated the license add-on for the first time, and then license verification never happens again. Also if you verify your license the first time, on the URL you purchased the license for, it does not mean that you may use the theme on other/unlimited storefront URLs.

It is only normal that in case you change the storefront URL, the theme not to work on the other URL. That is because you purchased our theme to use it on a certain URL. The theme license is issued per storefront URL (not per entire domain)and only works/should be used on the URL you declare during your purchase, be it a development or a live URL. A storefront URL could either be a domain URL name like “http://yourdomain.com”, or a subdomain/subfolder URL address, like “http://subdomain.yourdomain.com” or “yourdomain.com.

It’s the same with CS-Cart itself, you cannot purchase a CS-Cart license for a URL, and use the same CS-Cart license on say 10 other URLs. Should you need to use CS-Cart on different URLs, then a CS-Cart license must be purchased for each of the URLs you need to use CS-Cart on.

Regardless of the theme you purchase, from us or from other developers, you cannot purchase a theme for a storefront URL and use it on other URLs as well, unless the developers allow you to do so, in accordance to their licensing policies.

Kind regards,

EnergoThemes

[quote]The error you received: “Error: Please make sure the theme is installed and activated.” means that your server couldn't temporary load all the necessary details to check that the theme was installed and activated.[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]So you are saying that BOTH my server AND your server were having a problem at the same time?[/font][/color]

[quote]You may always contact our Support Center in case the site doesn’t work, because as you already know, we’ll be there to help. No support enquiry was received from you even though, like you mentioned, you could access our site short time after. Being the creators of VIVAshop, we know the best how to help you in case you have an issue.[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Your offices close at 2:00 p.m. our time I think, and this was after 3:00 p.m. so I didn't think there was any point contacting you. I figured your site would surely be up again by the time you came to work the next day.[/font][/color]

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1424273134' post='205706']

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]So you are saying that BOTH my server AND your server were having a problem at the same time?[/font][/color]

[/quote]

Not necessarily. As we said, this situation is not impossible although the probability is very low. What we're saying is that, in case it happens for our server to go down, your site does not stop working just like that, out of the blue. You need to login to your admin panel several times WHILE our server is down, for your site to finally stop working. Meanwhile our server is back up and running, so your site is not affected.

Again, according to the error you received, it tells us that your server couldn't temporary load all the necessary details. [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]To see what has actually happened and what was the exact cause of this, we need to investigate the issue on your site, by firstly having a look at the error logs and see what happened. That is why we advice you to get in contact with us, as we know the best our own code. [/font][/color]

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1424273134' post='205706']

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Your offices close at 2:00 p.m. our time I think, and this was after 3:00 p.m. so I didn't think there was any point contacting you. I figured your site would surely be up again by the time you came to work the next day.[/font][/color]

[/quote]

The same we do not believe there's any point in looking for help related to our theme, other than contacting us, the creators of the product you're currently using. But obviously we cannot force you get our help, yet we do not believe it's fair to claim an issue while that issue was not even reported to us so that we may clarify it for you. Our support is offered exclusively on our support site, and as you know, regardless of our office hours, you're always welcome to open a ticket in case you feel you have found a bug in any of our products. This will only help us improve our products and provide an even better quality. Once we analyze your support enquiry, we'll let you know if there is a theme bug (which we'll fix asap), or the reported issue is due to other third party server issues or third party code/changed/addons or improper CS-Cart or theme usage.

Kind regards,

EnergoThemes

[quote]What we're saying is that, in case it happens for our server to go down, your site does not stop working just like that, out of the blue. You need to login to your admin panel several times WHILE our server is down, for your site to finally stop working.[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I logged in one time.[/font][/color]

[quote name='energothemes' timestamp='1424280078' post='205725']

Not necessarily. As we said, this situation is not impossible although the probability is very low. What we're saying is that, in case it happens for our server to go down, your site does not stop working just like that, out of the blue. You need to login to your admin panel several times WHILE our server is down, for your site to finally stop working. Meanwhile our server is back up and running, so your site is not affected.

Again, according to the error you received, it tells us that your server couldn't temporary load all the necessary details. [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]To see what has actually happened and what was the exact cause of this, we need to investigate the issue on your site, by firstly having a look at the error logs and see what happened. That is why we advice you to get in contact with us, as we know the best our own code. [/font][/color]

The same we do not believe there's any point in looking for help related to our theme, other than contacting us, the creators of the product you're currently using. But obviously we cannot force you get our help, yet we do not believe it's fair to claim an issue while that issue was not even reported to us so that we may clarify it for you. Our support is offered exclusively on our support site, and as you know, regardless of our office hours, you're always welcome to open a ticket in case you feel you have found a bug in any of our products. This will only help us improve our products and provide an even better quality. Once we analyze your support enquiry, we'll let you know if there is a theme bug (which we'll fix asap), or the reported issue is due to other third party server issues or third party code/changed/addons or improper CS-Cart or theme usage.

Kind regards,

EnergoThemes

[/quote]

What if you have 10 users? Who all login, maybe even twice in one hour because a company can use many computers in the office?

A website should never, ever, ever go down because of a theme license check. There should not even be a 0,1% chance.

You can not punish your paying customers because there are “possible” pirates.

See it like this: would a pirate have bought the software and paid for it? Probably not. If someone doesn't want to spend $100 or whatever it is on a theme, the basis of his shop, than he probably has a worthless shop that's not making a dime, so he won't become your customer anyway.

Theme activation should as Windows

• One time activation for each site.
  • if domain changed, activation needed again.
  • But already activated, no more check for activated site.

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1424283461' post='205732']

What if you have 10 users? Who all login, maybe even twice in one hour because a company can use many computers in the office?

A website should never, ever, ever go down because of a theme license check. There should not even be a 0,1% chance.

You can not punish your paying customers because there are “possible” pirates.

See it like this: would a pirate have bought the software and paid for it? Probably not. If someone doesn't want to spend $100 or whatever it is on a theme, the basis of his shop, than he probably has a worthless shop that's not making a dime, so he won't become your customer anyway.

[/quote]

Hello Flow,

The license verification process only takes less than one second to complete, so using your analogy, all of the 10 users should all login almost on the same time. Also, this process does not restrict how many times any amount of users are able to login within any period of time.

Regarding the piracy issue, in your opinion, if somebody does not want to pay for a theme, this would be a reason for us not to protect our software simply because his shop is not worth a dime? This is not protecting against piracy, but we believe it’s more of encouraging it.

But before we refer to what it should be done, please allow us to give you some facts:

Ever since we released VIVAshop, there were 2502 attempts of activating our theme on unauthorized URLs. This means that there is a strong interest in not using our theme in good faith. If it was your hard worked product that you have spent almost a year developing and improving, would this number determine you to protect your software? Or would you allow pirates to get it for free just because they simply do not want to pay for your theme and would not be your customers anyway?

You will probably be amazed to find out that even well established shops used pirated copies of one of our themes. However, theoretically you are correct regarding the worth of a shop using pirated software. But this is not where the problem is and we’re telling you this from experience (so this is not an opinion, it’s a fact). The main issue is that a pirate is not only the one who is using the theme on his own worthless store. There are also other so called “web designers” or “developers” who can use for their projects a pirated version of our theme, for their own clients. Their clients do not have a clue that they are using pirated software. And these end clients may be good faith clients who paid for the project made by the “developer” who pirated our software. The end client could be a well established shop/business, not just a simple worthless website and probably paid the pirate more than $100. In this situation, who’s winning and who’s loosing?

Also, we have never received a real complaint for the theme not loading due to our server being down. The only times when theme was not working was either due to improper CS-Cart or theme usage and license usage, activating the theme on unauthorized URLs, or issues related to third party code or third party add-ons which are overwriting our code. So, when a store is not working, many times clients believe it’s the theme. In reality issues are related to what we just mentioned above. That is why, we always recommend investigating the problem before jumping into conclusions.

We have also suggested CS-Cart that a solution to protect the themes created by developers should be found.

However, even if we’ll find the best solution, there will still be people who will not like it, at least those who do not want to pay for our product, but just get it for free somehow or use it on other unauthorized URLs as well, which is something we’ll never accept.

Finally, we’re not here to talk about pirates and the ways our protection code is done (from obvious reasons). One thing is for sure: we are talking about certain things based on our experience and there are certain reasons why we have decided to create the license add-on. And, if you are a client and have an issue or discovered a bug, you're more than welcome to get in touch with us on our support center where we'll find solutions one way or another.

Kind regards,

EnergoThemes

[quote name='energothemes' timestamp='1424295057' post='205745']

Hello Flow,

The license verification process only takes less than one second to complete, so using your analogy, all of the 10 users should all login almost on the same time. Also, this process does not restrict how many times any amount of users are able to login within any period of time.

[/quote]

Maybe I misunderstood, but you said:

[quote] You need to login to your admin panel several times WHILE our server is down, for your site to finally stop working. [/quote]

So, if your (the dev's) site is down for say half an hour, and 10 people try login in that half hour, than the site will stop working? That is at least how I understood it. And servers go down, all the time, for half an hour. Or somebody makes a dns mistake, whatever. Some days ago, even Amazon.de was offline for 20 minutes.

I totally get your point about piracy, and i have no problem with anyone protecting their work, but paying customers should not run any risk.

I have many scripts with copy protection, and every now & then I get warning or something that a license is not valid. Reason: a connection can not be made to the dev's server at that moment. But a warning is all i'm seeing.

But yes probably cs-cart should step in and come up with a solution.

Anyhow I wish you all the best with your themes and business.

when will be ready for 4.3.1 ?

I was told it's about 4 weeks on the 5th/from release being as it's a major upgrade. So hopefully by the month end at least!

Hi Vivashop do you have a bug tracker where all the bugs and the fixes are listed which one can go through. It seems we have found a bug.

We are facing a strange issue. We upgraded from 4.1.5 MVE to 4.2.4 MVE and applied the 1.6 Updated of vivashop but the banners are wrapping on the home page on the chrome browser, in firefox it looks fine.

http://imgur.com/POt3Ynv

Any ideas what could be the reason?

When viewing an online store on a desktop computer, I'm used to the sidebar being on the left and I like it that way. However, if the site is responsive, that sidebar content comes first when viewed on a mobile device…not good. The only way around this that I know of is to put the sidebar on the right.

Does anyone know of a way that the sidebar can be on the left for desktop viewers, but on the right (in other words, underneath the main content) on mobile?

With our additional block settings module you can enable/ disable specific blocks for mobile devices. For example, you can create two blocks with menu (on the left and right side) and enable first one for tablet and desktop devices and another one only for mobile devices.