Video Of How Ebay Addon Works?

Guys,

I see there are some features you would like to be added to the ebay add-on and that's great.

Unfortunately, we cannot spend too much time on this add-on at the moment since CS-Cart is our top priority.

So here is a hint. If you could check the updated version and write a few positive words about your experience, that can attract new users.

The more users this add-on has, the more votes a feature request gets on the UserVoice!

And of course if there is a bug, please let us know, post the report at http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/project-1-cs-cart/ - we will fix it.

Sad to see you still cant list items for different prices/shipping on the site vs on eBay. Not purchasing until thats available, unless I find a 3rd party solution to purchase first.

imac, What's the point in bringing out an add-on that is unusable by anyone who isn't just playing at it?

It's a chicken and egg situation. Until it has the features being requested people aren't going to buy it but you seem to be saying people have to buy it first before the features are added.

Perhaps you should release the code to the community because I can't see any way that's it going forward otherwise.

Personally I feel a bit cheated as I bought it during the beta period discount offer but the product you released had the same issues as the beta version despite them being reported several times.

Problems so far from what I can see.

1. Still users are having all sorts of problems.
  2. Users can only try it by installing it and then play with it (or as I call it working hard to figure it out) so time is wasted that most of us don't have.

3 We are expected to get other people to try it (in its incomplete state) so bugs (possibly) can be fixed.

If a video had been posted (which had been asked for a few times months ago) this would have helped people decide if they wanted to try it. It would have shown what it can and can't do , easy steps to accomplish getting an item on ebay etc. This addon is very complex from what I can see and people are asked to jump in blind and figure it out for themselves. I do appreciate the effort that has gone in to making this but at the same time annoyed that a simple piece of help (ie video) has not even been attempted. If this had been done you might have 10 times the amount of people trying this addon.

I use a online ebay auction assistant to launch my items (and host the images) at the moment so I don't see the benefit of trying to learn a new system with all the problems it has, if it's going to be a hard slog, My time is better spent going on as usual.

I agree with most of your points and certainly the sentiment.

Thing is though that it's the lack of complexity that is the biggest issue with the add-on as far as I'm concerned. As it stands at the moment it's easy to use but that's about all it has going for it. There are so many essential features lacking for anyone who wants to do more than run ten or so simple listings with no variations.

Seems like it's been developed as a marketing exercise so that they can say they support eBay.

With the last update we thought we would jump in and finally get this plug in. The add on was on and off so many times that we were very nervous about getting it because we were worried if CS-Cart would first of all complete and second of all support it very long. We were very excited to hopefully be able to automate ebay a little better and update inventory in the shopping cart too. Sadly we were unable to get it to work. When we would try to do the export it would think for a few like it was uploading and then it would say, “Oops!! Something isn't right.An error occurred during product export.” Tried to use Firebug to see if it would help find the issue, but no luck. So I contacted CS-Cart with a few days after I purchased it and in no time they were wanting to charge us 10-20 credits. What was even funnier was even funnier was when Timur (at CS-Cart" stated…

[quote]I could have provided you with recommendations on how to examine the issue by yourself, however, in this case I would have to deduct 5 support credits for the Class 1 answer, which I did not do.[/quote]

So even for “recommendations” they want to charge on an add on we just purchased from them a few days ago. Could we have something set up incorrectly, sure, I guess so. Since there are no errors to point us any direction we really do not know.

So basically, if you want this add on just remember that it will not be supported like so many other add ons you can get from 3rd parties here on the forums. You will be on your own. You may get lucky or be at a higher level with PHP than we are, but in my mind if it is a “plug in” and you paid for it, then you should be able to plug it in and get it to work fairly easy.

I agree with you guys, it's very poor and is simply a sale tool for CSC to use against the competition.

CSC even tried to take credits for fixing a bug several days after we installed it, for the future I feel CSC should offer some kind of refund or credits for an app customers are not happy with. They can always disable it with a callback.

Tried using CSC support but as they are so slow it's a waste of time for live stores.

We really like using CSC and will stick with it but app's and support need to be better.

I've been trying to find the answer to my question but what I need the addon for is inventory management so when a product sells on Ebay or CScart it will update the inventory automatically vice versa.

Can this addon do this ?

Try http://www.linnworks.com/

[quote name='hinger' timestamp='1401554953' post='184757']

Try [url=“http://www.linnworks.com/”]http://www.linnworks.com/[/url]

[/quote]

Thanks I know of linnworks and I hear they are great but budget is always something I was thinking if the synchronization addon for Cscart did inventory like the M2E addon for Magento it would be great.

I just purchased the subscription license that includes the eBay add-on. I was looking forward to using it until I read this post. Are there still problems getting it working or does it work?

Can I change the price of the item before I post it to eBay?

Thanks,

Adam

[quote name='jegesmaci' timestamp='1405555797' post='187695']

I just purchased the subscription license that includes the eBay add-on. I was looking forward to using it until I read this post. Are there still problems getting it working or does it work?

Can I change the price of the item before I post it to eBay?

Thanks,

Adam

[/quote]

It works. The price can be changed but you will need to change it back after posting to eBay.

Yeah it works. Itll post stuff. I can not grab orders off eBay to sync back with cs-cart as I get errors.

I was just about to purchase this add on, and decided to check in the forum to see what kind of experiences/feedback others had.

Is it safe to say that I should hold off on this based on the above feedback, or is it now working with orders,inventory, pricing, etc syncing correctly?

Hi,

I am in the same boat as timst. I don't want to purchase this, have problems and then pay to have it fixed. Can anyone that is using it in production report that it is totally working?

Thanks,

Stan

I don't think you have to purchase if you are on 4.2. The problem then is we still can't get it to work.

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1409785225' post='191411']

I don't think you have to purchase if you are on 4.2. The problem then is we still can't get it to work.

[/quote]

I think you may still have to purchase a license to activate this addon even if you are using v4.2

Please correct me if I have misunderstood the information below.

[color=#555555][+] Addons: Ebay sync: The add-on included to the default package. What does that mean? No longer have to pay for it?[/color]

It still will be paid, but since v4.2.1 all you need is to buy license. So there won't be need to download and install this add-on anymore. It always will be included to the CS-Cart/Multi-Vendor package.

http://forum.cs-cart…__1#entry187892

You could be right Maxam. It is still very confusing and I never was able to find any license from ebay themselves. Here is a link to where CS-Cart attempted to explain it to me…

Cs-Cart 4.2.1 Released: New Styles, E-Mail Marketing, And More - Page 5 - News and Announcements - CS-Cart Community Forums - Page 5

I would send them a ticket and ask but they would charge me to ask them the simplest of questions.

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1392623842' post='177631']

You are free to testdrive the add-on using personal demo: http://www.cs-cart.c…sonal-demo.html

[/quote]

I set up for a test drive and activated the addon but it says I need the addon license number. What is it and where do I place it?

Thanks.

Dear stanhook,

Since v4.2.1 the ebay add-on can not be used in testing mode even in personal demo.

Addon license number - is alphanumeric code that is sent to your email after purchase.

At the moment the only way to use the add-on is to buy it.

Please note that we have a 30 days refund program.