Very High server load

Kindly give more details about Jesse and i will contact him.

You could PM him from JesseLeeStringer - Viewing Profile - CS-Cart Community Forums

Thanks,

Brandon

OK guys…i moved to a newer better more powerful VPS and so far the speed etc is very good.

However, in my Admin panel, when i change a price etc and click on save changes, it gives “Error Occurred”…I refresh browser and the error goes away but the price remains unchanged…what could this be?

Also i got the CS Cart sessions table cron job removed and have only put 1 cron job which will repair any broken tables once a day…is that ok?

“Error Occurred” indicates a database error.

If you put your store in Development mode it will display the error and you can go from there.

Alternatively, you can enable database error logging in your Administration/Logs/Settings area.

Another thing you could do is to try the second post at Error occured - General Questions - CS-Cart Community Forums

Thanks,

Brandon

Double check MySQL database user permissions for cs-cart db_user

We have high CPU usage and a VERY SLOW site on a clean install. Only 3 test products on the site. Server spec is Windows 2008 R2 3 x CPUs 3 x GB memory. All the usual tweaks have been carried out in IIS, HTTP, Cache, ETags Gzip and so on. I keep receiving server warnings saying the IIS CPU usage status is going to RED (Danger) and I am the only one using the site as its blocked by robots.txt. Its also not down to being hit by bots.

Given that 2008 is pretty much brand new, I would put your store up on a LINUX hosted site somewhere and see if you have the same results.

[quote name='Tryinghardtomakemoney' timestamp='1354611924' post='150396']

…Server spec is Windows 2008 …

[/quote]

This is a mistake we learned the hard way a few years ago. CS just does not do well on Windows anything. On the CS requirements page at…

CS-Cart System Requirements — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

…it says…

“With respect to the server operating systems, we recommend a Unix-like operating system such as FreeBSD or Linux, but a Windows-based server will do.”

So it will work, but not near as well as Linux or FreeBSD. I would vote that CS should NOT be ran on a Windows server, but I am a total rookie.

Check out this site that runs on a Windows server www.bio-synergy.co.uk lightning fast and on shared hosting. Our site www.fuss3inkandtoners.co.uk has a load time of over 8 seconds. There has to be something wrong and we only have 3 products on the site.

Problems were started since the day on which we bulk uploaded products thru CSV sheets. After uploading 20000 products we started facing following isues.

•High CPU Usage (some time it goes up to 30) due to that server gets broken down so that our web site.

•High load on memory and CPU due to database queries

Now 1st we contacted our Server hosting company, they said that its happening due to insufficient RAM which was 2MB, we upgraded the RAM to 4GB. Still the problem was as it was, server was getting hanged, website was down al the time, high SPU usage.

Once again we contacted the server peoples and they have provided us with a completely new machine which was well upgraded.

Lets compare the configuration:

Old Machine: Processor 1 VendorGenuineIntelNameIntel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3220 @ 2.40GHzSpeed2400.139 MHzCache4096 KB, 2GB RAM

New Machine:

No. of Processors 4, Xeon(R) CPU X3220 @ 2.60GHz 4GB RAM

Unfortunately problems are still coming. Now server peoples are saying that our CS Cart database structure is not optimized so we have to get the database STRUCTURE optimized.

Now we contacted CS Cart technical support team and they said that everything is ok at their end and said that the problem is at server end as there s no enough memory or space on server.

-------------

We are getting bellow errors:

Error .1

is missing in the mentioned SQL query:

05/27/2013, 09.50.46 - Database (error) Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '/tmp/#sql_7e41_75' at line 1 (1064)

Query: SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS products.*, descr1.product as product, MIN(IF(prices.percentage_discount = 0, prices.price, prices.price - (prices.price * prices.percentage_discount)/100)) as price, descr1.short_description, IF(descr1.short_description = ''…

--------------------------------

Error .2

Error: Got error 28 from storage engine (1030)

Query: SHOW COLUMNS FROM cscart_logs

---------------------------------

Error .3

Warning: SQLite3::query() [sqlite3.query]: Unable to execute statement: database disk image is malformed in /home/shopping/public_html/core/classes/cache_backend/sqlite.php on line 167

Warning: SQLite3::query() [sqlite3.query]: database disk image is malformed in /home/shopping/public_html/core/classes/cache_backend/sqlite.php on line 49

Please anyone revert

cs cart team is making this trouble worst by taking so much time to respond. I'm ready to pay them to check the problem on my server but still they are not ready to do any help. They are just replying like a robot

Given the errors you show, it would imply that mySQL can't get enough disk space for the temporary tables it needs to create. There are 2 factors for your hosting company to consider.

1. Size of /tmp if it's not on the main partition
  2. Overall disk allocation for mySQL and available space on the server
  3. Disk quotas for your account

Cs-cart is right. In your case it is a hosting issue.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1370026260' post='162829']

Given the errors you show, it would imply that mySQL can't get enough disk space for the temporary tables it needs to create. There are 2 factors for your hosting company to consider.

1. Size of /tmp if it's not on the main partition
  2. Overall disk allocation for mySQL and available space on the server
  3. Disk quotas for your account

Cs-cart is right. In your case it is a hosting issue.

[/quote] Thanks a lot for your reply, I have forwarded your lines to my server hosting company, can you please be a little specific like how much disk space shall I allot to which service. Currently we have 1tb hd, out of which 10GB is allotted to /tmp (previousely it was 3GB). I understand that its not an issue from CS cart but they should at least tell that where is the problem on server. I'm contacting them since last ten days but they have not yet properly replied. Yesterday they replied that their technicians are too busy so they will revert after two three business days! rubbish!! they not even understand that someone is losing his business. After all this is the software made by cs cart so they should be clear at server requirements and they are the better one to suggest the server requirements but who cares!

I can't comment on cs-cart response other than they are trying to get a new release out the door.

I also can't comment specifically on your server configuration. But your hosting provider should be able to diagnose one or more of the possible problems I stated.

mySQL config has lots of tweaks that can be made to its standard configuration like increasing the tmp table size, buffer size, etc. Of course these all come with a resource cost, nothing is for free.

I get frustrated too with the “We'll get back to you when we get a chance” responses. Given I'm on West coast in US, that's already 1/2 day at least after I've made a request. Sometimes we get forgotten entirely and have to nudge them into responding. They do try to do a good job but they just don't understand that they are producing a product that requires 24X7X365 support. Bank holidays are for whimps!

its ok if you have 100 or 500 products and around 50 users on your shopping cart. but if you have a big database like 1.5 lakh products and more than 60000 users then cs cart will break down your business and leave you crying.

We are facing this problem aince a month and we are everyday in touch with cs cart team. 1st they told us that there is server related issue so we have to contact our hosting provider. We did that, hosting people told that they are ready for everything just tell them what is required, again we contacted cs cart but they told that they don't optimize client's server, we said ok! just tell us that what is the problem with the server and we will get the problem sorted out at server end, they told us to increase memory of some DIR. Our server peoples have done theat instantly and also told that if still any configuration related requirement then they will sorted that out. Problems are still same, again we contacted CS cart but no solution. We hired someone for server optimization assuming that there might be some problem at server side only, the guy has done his best on server optimization but problems are still same.

Now CS cart peoples told us to do some settings on some files, we done all the settings described by them but started getting some new errors along with the errors which are continue.

They hardly take action on a problem. there popular lines on reverting of a mail are “We will contact you at the first opportunity. However, I am afraid that our technical support department is loaded heavily at the moment. You should expect our answer not earlier than in 2-3 business days. We apologize for any possible inconveniences.”

Seems that we have taken a wrong decision by moving on to CS cart. Everything was ok till we were mainting 1500 products, they day since we increased number of products everything is broken down(Server and website both)

I sugest you to go for a better solution than CS Cart as we are going to do, after all your business health matters a llot for you.

1500 products is a small cs-cart installation. I guess if you're looking for help here (versus bitching about cs-cart support) then we'd need to know what the problem is that you're trying to solve (speed, errors, bad data, timeouts???) and what your server configuration is.

I have clients with more than 200K products that run cs-cart in commercial environments with great success. Would also help to identify how many categories, product features and whether you use product filters or not. If you do your research here on the forum you will find these are all factors in site performance and have dramatically different impacts on server configurations.

I agree, cs-cart support doesn't really understand that they are supporting businesses. They need to provide a 7X24X365 support environment and none of the “we're too busy” stuff nor “we can do that as custom development for your” either. But that is their model. Just try getting actual “technical support” versus “merchant support” sometime if you really want a good laugh.

However, the “cart” is quite capable of running with the load you describe.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1370798780' post='163303']

1500 products is a small cs-cart installation. I guess if you're looking for help here (versus bitching about cs-cart support) then we'd need to know what the problem is that you're trying to solve (speed, errors, bad data, timeouts???) and what your server configuration is.

I have clients with more than 200K products that run cs-cart in commercial environments with great success. Would also help to identify how many categories, product features and whether you use product filters or not. If you do your research here on the forum you will find these are all factors in site performance and have dramatically different impacts on server configurations.

I agree, cs-cart support doesn't really understand that they are supporting businesses. They need to provide a 7X24X365 support environment and none of the “we're too busy” stuff nor “we can do that as custom development for your” either. But that is their model. Just try getting actual “technical support” versus “merchant support” sometime if you really want a good laugh.

However, the “cart” is quite capable of running with the load you describe.

[/quote]Problems were started since the day on which we bulk uploaded products thru CSV sheets. After uploading 20000 products we started facing following isues.

•High CPU Usage (some time it goes up to 30) due to that server gets broken down so that our web site.

•High load on memory and CPU due to database queries

Now 1st we contacted our Server hosting company, they said that its happening due to insufficient RAM which was 2MB, we upgraded the RAM to 4GB. Still the problem was as it was, server was getting hanged, website was down al the time, high SPU usage.

Once again we contacted the server peoples and they have provided us with a completely new machine which was well upgraded.

Lets compare the configuration:

Old Machine: Processor 1 VendorGenuineIntelNameIntel® Xeon® CPU X3220 @ 2.40GHzSpeed2400.139 MHzCache4096 KB, 2GB RAM

New Machine:

No. of Processors 4, Xeon® CPU X3220 @ 2.60GHz 4GB RAM

Unfortunately problems are still coming. Now server peoples are saying that our CS Cart database structure is not optimized so we have to get the database STRUCTURE optimized.

Now we contacted CS Cart technical support team and they said that everything is ok at their end and said that the problem is at server end as there s no enough memory or space on server.

-------------

We are getting bellow errors:

Error .1

is missing in the mentioned SQL query:

05/27/2013, 09.50.46 - Database (error) Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '/tmp/#sql_7e41_75' at line 1 (1064)

Query: SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS products.*, descr1.product as product, MIN(IF(prices.percentage_discount = 0, prices.price, prices.price - (prices.price * prices.percentage_discount)/100)) as price, descr1.short_description, IF(descr1.short_description = ''…

--------------------------------

Error .2

Error: Got error 28 from storage engine (1030)

Query: SHOW COLUMNS FROM cscart_logs

---------------------------------

Error .3

Warning: SQLite3::query() [sqlite3.query]: Unable to execute statement: database disk image is malformed in /home/shopping/public_html/core/classes/cache_backend/sqlite.php on line 167

Warning: SQLite3::query() [sqlite3.query]: database disk image is malformed in /home/shopping/public_html/core/classes/cache_backend/sqlite.php on line 49

-------------------------------------------

We have a dedicated server which has a 1TB HD and mysql is installed with unlimited space

[color=#000000][font=Courier][size=3]The error which is mostly being repeated is ----------------------------------"Database error:[/size][/font][/color] You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '/tmp/#sql_ccf_3' at line 1 b[/b]

[color=#000000][font=Courier][size=3]Invalid query:[/size][/font][/color] SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS products.*, descr1.product as product, MIN(IF(prices.percentage_discount = 0, prices.price, prices.price - (prices.price * prices.percentage_discount)/100)) as price, GROUP_CONCAT(IF(products"