Version 4 Promo txt

Hello

I m not able to enter all the information at 1 time to the new promotion text field for all the products. This information is not valid as csv at the data transfer field. Also i couldnt see it at the collective data tables. Do we have to enter each product 1 by 1 or batch entry is possible ???

I just noticed this “promo text” for the first time today as we continue to work our way around the new version. I guess I can see many different uses but was wondering if there was something more specific that anyone was using it for. Also, I tried to bulk edit say 20 items at once but it does not give me the option to set the “promo text” to one thing for all of them. It actually does not show the “promo text” info in the bulk edit at all.

If you want to add the promo text to all products, then you can do this via SQL:-

UPDATE cscart_product_descriptions SET promo_text = 'My custom text' WHERE promo_text = ''

This will update all products' promo text to “My custom text” if the promo text is already blank, just in case you have already set some products to have a unique promo text.

This should be in the Bulk Edit tool though.

Good to info know StellarBytes! I guess sometimes it still feels like newer versions are going backwards on ease of use. I kind of liked setting up the cart for customers and then it was easy enough for them to administer. Then when I see little quarks like this I realize that is just not the case. I guess that it may good for those who try to make a living off CS, but I tend to like it better when things like this can be easily edited within the normal admin of CS-Cart.

Sadly I must admit that I have not been referring too many customers to CS-Cart anyway. Some of the directions they have taken recently has made me uneasy about referring a company that is in return going to make me look bad. I am really hoping this version clears up some (or most) of that fear and helps restore my trust in their software.

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1386791994' post='173341']

I just noticed this “promo text” for the first time today as we continue to work our way around the new version. I guess I can see many different uses but was wondering if there was something more specific that anyone was using it for. Also, I tried to bulk edit say 20 items at once but it does not give me the option to set the “promo text” to one thing for all of them. It actually does not show the “promo text” info in the bulk edit at all.

[/quote]

Wondering about this as well. Also about what effect use of this field could have on SEO. It would be much easier if it was an import-export field.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1386849729' post='173391']

If you want to add the promo text to all products, then you can do this via SQL:-

UPDATE cscart_product_descriptions SET promo_text = 'My custom text' WHERE promo_text = ''

This will update all products' promo text to “My custom text” if the promo text is already blank, just in case you have already set some products to have a unique promo text.

This should be in the Bulk Edit tool though.

[/quote]

Good to know. The field is useful for pointing out or emphasizing special features. Even if made one product at a time the entries can be retrieved down the line and applied to similar products.