Vendor Management

I was wondering if anyone has any idea on how to manage multiple vendor in CS-Cart. The issue I am having is that I receive my inventory via XML files that are then converted to CSV for import.

Each vendor provides 1000’s of product per file and when customers order products I must conduct a manual search to determine from what vendor I would need to place fulfillment.

The XML to CSV conversion is a custom application created to transform metadata to CSV values CS-Cart understands. We have been looking in the CS cart code and database for an area here we can insert a vendor ID so that when a product is ordered it will also include the ID.

The objective is to be able to sort orders by vendor and process purchase orders to each from within CS-Cart.

By the looks of it, CS-Cart does not have a Vendor Management Module for this function.

Any Help will be appreciated.

What you’re looking for is called “Supplier” in the CS-Cart terminology. Read about it here: [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

It does not do everything you want, but the Suppliers module would at least allow you to assign products to your vendors.

You might want to add your comments to the following feature request (#1489) in the Bug Tracker - it would get you probably allow you to do want you need;

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1489[/url]

Bob

Thank you both for the helpful information. I was able to find what I was looking for. Just as FYI, I did at one point present the features needed to the CS Cart development team but the cost was too high.

Perhaps adding it to the feature request as suggested we motivate the cs-cart development team to add it.

Again, Thanks…

I think your problem will be solved by making a very simple modification by adding a new vendor field in the database and then adding a vendor field in the product details area. I have already posted a how to article on adding new fields in the product update section, this can be easily modified into a vendor field, then every product would have a vendor name, the vendor field would be in the database, then when you import products from the cvs it would populate the vendor field, check out my article and give it a try:

[url]http://www.snorocket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262[/url]

Snorocket… Thanks for the information. Sorry for the delay in replying. I have not yet been able to implement this mod due to time constrains but did take a look at it.

I am on version 2.10 and would like to know if the mod is compatible. Again… Thanks.