Vbulletin + cs-cart integration.

They indicated $400 to me back in november:

[quote name=‘Alexander Shabaev’]Integration with vBulletin will cost from USD 400.[/QUOTE]

I did not agree on this yet, because I need a ton of other functionality. Some of which is such basic functionality (volume weight,TNT shipping, EU tax calculation), that I am hesitant about CS Cart as a whole.

I will get a qoute, or I will have on developed by a third party source and sell it to make up the costs or distribute it for free.

I made a post here regarding a warning about this integration a couple years ago that still holds true.

I will again warn anyone obtaining one of these bridges to closely look through the coding and determine just how much security will be reduced within your forum.

vBulletin is light speeds ahead of Cs-Cart in regards to user data security and session management.

Although it would be easy to create a bridge that will insert new users within each script as they register on either script but, it is an entirely different game if you wish the accounts to share sessions between the forum and store and this brings in my security concerns.

When it comes to sharing sessions between 2 different scripts, a decision must be made on which session management you wish to use and that is a huge problem with these 2 scripts because they are so much different.

The easiest method of combining sessions between these 2 scripts is to reduce the security of the default vBulletin methods to use that of CS-Cart and that WILL introduce some new security holes within your forum community. This was proven once before with a joomla/vBulletin bridge.which resulted in hundreds of vulnerable vBulletin sites being exploited once it was found and posted on the net… Once that vulnerability was found, it only took a couple weeks for about 1000 sites to be compromised because of how quickly crackers like to brag about new exploits.

Here is my advice; take it anyway you wish

If you wish forum integration to your store including sessions within the two, use PHPBB or another version that still does not use salted md5 passwords. vBulletin is just leaps an bounds above these other types and you will be killing its established security performance trying to merge it within cs-cart at this time.

The only other option is to recode CS-Cart to use the more advanced salted MD5 password security and session management in use by vBulletin and none of us see that happening anytime soon.

I can offer this mod in 2 versions once I have time to work on it

1. Adding new users to both cs-cart and vBulletin during signup on either. Users will have to log into either individually as needed using the same info. This will cost $200

2. New users will be added to both databases and also share the session data “of vBulletin”. This will be 2,000 dollars because it will require a great deal of cs-cart recoding to use the more advanced methods.

As far as upgrades: Option one would be minimal however, option 2 could be pretty drastic depending on new changes within cs-cart code in future releases

One thing that will help would be, anyone wishing integration with other scripts using salted md5 password encryption or other advanced user/session management to let the cs developers know of your needs. CS-Cart desperately needs to adopt this method

I will not convert vBulletin to use cs-cart session management as that will just open holes within your site

Basically you are saying that CS-Cart’s security is a real problem.

I much rather have a forum hacked, than a commercial store, because CS-Cart handles money and customers, while vbulletin forum only handles community accounts.

What are you talking about?

I was responding to the now deleted post, that described how vbulletin its login security is lightyears ahead of CS-Cart its low grade login security. The point of the post was that an integration would either lower vbulletin to CS-Cart standards or increase CS-Cart security to vBulletin standards.

[quote name=‘snorocket’]I talked to CS custom dev about this addon and they claim they never coded it, another fine example of trying to make customers pay for the same addon again and again and again. I put a quote into CS for the dev costs, maybe we can all pitch in donations and get it coded properly and get it compatible with 2.1 when it is released - Sno[/QUOTE]

so how about it sno?

In addition to vBulletin, have there been any attempts to integrate CS-Cart’s login with free open BB software like phpBB or MyBB? Personally, I would be much more interested in integration with those forums than with vBulletin.

I would guess that the price has gone up from $400 to $550 because so many people want it that someone will share the costs across others so why not make an extra $150 on it for themselves.

This is something I so desperately also need

For those using vBulletin v4 and want just a “basic cart” there is a mod over at vb that may help:

[url]vBulletin.org Forum

Are you all sitting down??? - This is what they have just quoted me to integrate CS-Cart v2.1.1 with vBulletin v4 with a single login and the vBulletin header…

[QUOTE]The modification of such complexity will cost from USD 900 to 1125. The provided price is approximate. We will be able to provide you with the exact cost only after we prepare the detailed description of this modification and you confirm it.[/QUOTE]

Time to go to a private developer…me thinks!!!

Did anyone manage to get integration with vbulletin 4 developed?

I am dropping vBulletin and moving to Xenforo so now with that and the opportunity to have a look at all the different software options I have for my site means I am looking seriously at whether to keep CS-Cart seeing they quoted me over $1,000 for integration…for those that want vBulletin Integration then Megenta has an addon for it but seriously, have a look at Xenforo for your forums

[quote name=‘ibaker’]I am dropping vBulletin and moving to Xenforo so now with that and the opportunity to have a look at all the different software options I have for my site means I am looking seriously at whether to keep CS-Cart seeing they quoted me over $1,000 for integration…for those that want vBulletin Integration then Megenta has an addon for it but seriously, have a look at Xenforo for your forums[/QUOTE]

Integration can be done much cheaper than $1.000 when hiring freelancers. 400 - 500 max. Should be the same fro XenForo.

I hear you about XenForo, but its to early for established sites relying on vbulletin. For other forums, especially startups, XenForo is the way to go.

[quote name=‘ibaker’]I am dropping vBulletin and moving to Xenforo so now with that and the opportunity to have a look at all the different software options I have for my site means I am looking seriously at whether to keep CS-Cart seeing they quoted me over $1,000 for integration…for those that want vBulletin Integration then Megenta has an addon for it but seriously, have a look at Xenforo for your forums[/quote]

I heard after vBulletin got bought out all the original developers left and started XenForo anyways. If you guys are willing to prepay and wait ~2 weeks I will get coded a Forum Connector addon that will work with XenForo and phpbb, what do you think?

I am willing to pay for that today Sno…I have asked for a developer over Xenforo but no luck…all I need now is how you want me to pay for it :smiley:

Sno “Crashed” a few days ago, not sure if he got everything put back together yet or not! :shock:

Bummer…hope he does without any loss

I would just contact him directly through his site link posted above if I were you. :wink:

Anyone develop this further for vBulletin 4.2.2?