Varnish Cache For Cs-Cart

What is the idea behind assigning random file names for css and .js files? This created lots of trouble for us when we integrated with third part websites for A/B testing or other services. Why can't we just have one styles.css and scripts.js under /var/cache/ folder?

This is a normal practice - to change the name of combined CSS/JS after you clear the cache. However probably we can change name only in case some of the files were changed, otherwise keep the old name.

Name should be change in order to deprecate old CSS/JS file after change in it.

We will consider fixing this.

Thanks, I did myself a favor by removing this for our CSS files at least.

For anybody who is interested in removing hash from CSS filenames.

app/functions/fn.common.php

Under fn_merge_styles function, you can remove $hash from filename string.
//$filename = $prefix . '.' . $hash . '.css';
$filename = $prefix . '.css';

Hello!

We have developed the Full-Page Cache by Varnish 5+ add-on that will help to speed up page load time. The discussion is here.

What is with the standard varnish Addon by cs

What is with the standard varnish Addon by cs

It is available and can be used, but there are still restrictions like multi-storefronts are not supported.

We maintain this add-on but do not invest in its improvement.

It is available and can be used, but there are still restrictions like multi-storefronts are not supported.

That said does it work for V4.4.3 ? Where can we buy it ? Not referring to Simtech Dev.s addon, that might be just around 300 plus USD too much for our budget

That said does it work for V4.4.3 ? Where can we buy it ? Not referring to Simtech Dev.s addon, that might be just around 300 plus USD too much for our budget

It's free.

https://github.com/cscart/full-page-cache-addon

Okay yes I overlooked that part but did you then play with it ?

I tried it to install the addon as you normally or these days would with an addon but that did not work and I got an error saying that the addon was not supported on V4.4.3

Even though the Github mentions it as it would work from V4.3.7 and up.

Perhaps I should try the pre V4.2 method of installing as suggested by CS Cart (Simtech) in the description on Github.

Nope, haven't messed with it. I really don't have a need to mess with it since my pages load in a second or less. Of course I use the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) method when it comes to my stores meaning I don't implement anything that would drag the store down such as a crazy amount of features. Unfortunately the google recaptcha has slowed it down some though but I reckon you have to give and take.

Nope, haven't messed with it. I really don't have a need to mess with it since my pages load in a second or less. Of course I use the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) method when it comes to my stores meaning I don't implement anything that would drag the store down such as a crazy amount of features. Unfortunately the google recaptcha has slowed it down some though but I reckon you have to give and take.

What median page loading scores does you store have right now ? How many visitors in general ? Specs of your server ?

Share .. please

@imac

The addon cannot be installed on V4.3.8, it will not install

What median page loading scores does you store have right now ? How many visitors in general ? Specs of your server ?

Share .. please

Nothing spectacular.
VPS
2 core
3gb ram

Up to date per cPanel

Apache 2.4
config
config-runtime
mod_bwlimited
mod_cgid
mod_deflate
mod_expires
mod_headers
mod_mpm_worker
mod_proxy
mod_proxy_fcgi
mod_proxy_http
mod_ssl
mod_suexec
mod_unique_id
tools

PHP 7.0
libc-client
pear
php-bcmath
php-calendar
php-cli
php-common
php-curl
php-devel
php-fileinfo
php-fpm
php-ftp
php-gd
php-imap
php-litespeed
php-mcrypt
php-mysqlnd
php-opcache
php-pdo
php-posix
php-sockets
php-xml
php-zip
runtime

Others
apr
apr-util
cpanel-tools
documentroot
libmcrypt
php-cli
php-cli-lsphp
profiles-cpanel

Nowhere near an overwhelming amount of visitors.

gtmetrix.jpg

Just fixed this issue...

Actually Gleb Goncharov fixed it

[attachment=12162:Screenshot_fixed-compatibilityV4.3.jpg]

Screenshot_fixed-compatibilityV4.3.jpg

Nothing spectacular.
VPS
2 core
3gb ram

Up to date per cPanel

Apache 2.4
config
config-runtime
mod_bwlimited
mod_cgid
mod_deflate
mod_expires
mod_headers
mod_mpm_worker
mod_proxy
mod_proxy_fcgi
mod_proxy_http
mod_ssl
mod_suexec
mod_unique_id
tools

PHP 7.0
libc-client
pear
php-bcmath
php-calendar
php-cli
php-common
php-curl
php-devel
php-fileinfo
php-fpm
php-ftp
php-gd
php-imap
php-litespeed
php-mcrypt
php-mysqlnd
php-opcache
php-pdo
php-posix
php-sockets
php-xml
php-zip
runtime

Others
apr
apr-util
cpanel-tools
documentroot
libmcrypt
php-cli
php-cli-lsphp
profiles-cpanel

Nowhere near an overwhelming amount of visitors.

Those are may I say very modest specs.

I use for just our main VPS

4 cores

Xeon X5650

10 gb ram, 6 gb minimum and 10 gb on boost available

upto date cpanel

mysql 5.6 (optimized databases and database server)

PHP 7

fairly similar like your setup.

The VPS is actually running on XenServer 6.5 bare metal hypervisor which of course allows me to run Windows and Linux based VMs

Now I have just added xVarnish as plugin to our Cpanel VPS.

the rest of the specs or pretty much similar like yours.

How many visitors does your shop have , ours unfortunately right now barely exceeds 300 visitors

and in general page loading times according to Google Analytics are on average between 4.8 - 10 secs

What users don't realize (it's very rarely discussed if at all) is that properly configuring mysql can make a huge difference in page load times. I've spent quite a lot of time getting mysql configured for CSC and even though I don't have enough resources, I have gotten it close enough.

The biggest pitfall CSC has is joins without indexes. I've brought it to their attention in the past but I have seen very little in improvement.

I hear ya, I read somewhere that for instance in the 90s still even in Corporate IT America this really has never been solved and that in many instances pitfalls have been covered up by just putting in more resource into it like faster ram, faster drives, better hardware.. etc etc.

But even then. I am very curious to your store. Would you mind PM me the link to your store at your discretion. I have no idea right now on how to make this xVarnish work properly with the Simtech addon that I managed to get installed. Pfff

Really draws the wind out of our sales / sails.

At any rate just thought I gave you all who are following this thread an update.

I have xVarnish not just regular Varnish for Cpanel installed and the helpdesk at xVarnish has helped us get the right secret key to make xVarnish for Cpanel work with the Free Simtech Varnish Full Page Cache addon that you will find on Github.

I tested it on our beta store and pageloading is from on average over 10 attempts from 5 secs to 2 secs.

This is based upon a V4.3.8 store, cannot wait to do it on our production store which now is V4.4.3

Looking for Varnish for Cpanel ? check repo.xvarnish.com

Thanks, I did myself a favor by removing this for our CSS files at least.

For anybody who is interested in removing hash from CSS filenames.

app/functions/fn.common.php

Under fn_merge_styles function, you can remove $hash from filename string.
//$filename = $prefix . '.' . $hash . '.css';
$filename = $prefix . '.css';

What exactly is the benefit of implementing this ?

This is a normal practice - to change the name of combined CSS/JS after you clear the cache. However probably we can change name only in case some of the files were changed, otherwise keep the old name.

Name should be change in order to deprecate old CSS/JS file after change in it.

We will consider fixing this.

@imac

Is it possible to disable the notification I am getting al the time when just doing anything in the admin backend of the store ?

[attachment=12258:Screenshot_xvarnish_config_notification.jpg]

Screenshot_xvarnish_config_notification.jpg

@imac

Is it possible to disable the notification I am getting al the time when just doing anything in the admin backend of the store ?

attachicon.gifScreenshot_xvarnish_config_notification.jpg

So do you reset the cache by disable/enable addon?