Utf8 Special Characters

I am having troubles displaying special characters (slovenian ščž ŠČŽ) in backend, more specificly - when viewing an order.

First of all, I did not change anything about this, all code and settings are default so I don't really know, why are they not displaying.

Second, problem is, that if special character is on first place in word, whole word is not displayed, which means sometimes whole address is not displayed.

Third, if I check in database, everything is saved correctly there. Adding meta tags for UTF8 on template is not helping so there must be something wrong with querying the database. I usually just do “[color=#000000][font=Consolas,]mysqli_set_charset($con,“utf8”);” in my custom applications but I guess this is just not the case here. Also, if I display customer info, everything is correctly displayed - problem appears only on displaying order details, where is most important, because shop administrator uses this data to send products. [/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Consolas,]However, sometimes those special characters are working just fine, I mean for some customers. I have no idea, why sometimes it does work and some times it does not - but those characters are same! [/font][/color]

I have found out, that data is saved wrong inside cscart_orders data table.

http://puu.sh/iqHPT/ed41cbf693.png

As you can see, data in column b_lastname is correct, but data in column lastname is wrong.

I believe this data is saved into database when user places the order. If that data comes from cscart_users table (which is correct), why is then wrong inside other table? Where does error happen?

hi,

please compare lastname with s_lastname

possibly shipping address is in priority in settings of the shop…

best regards,

WSA team

It is also wrong there.

Been inspecting source code a bit more and found out, that there is a variable CART_LANGUAGE inside fn.users.php and is undefined. Could that be a problem?

[quote]Been inspecting source code a bit more and found out, that there is a variable CART_LANGUAGE inside fn.users.php and is undefined. Could that be a problem? [/quote]

no, language parameter is not about profile fields. difficult to say what is the reason…

we advise to contact CS-Cart support team so they check issue

best regards,

WSA team

Will do that, thank you for your help.

Hi did you have any answer form the Cs-cart support team?

I have the same issue on my e-shop.

Thank you