USPS Priority Mail, REALTIME issue

[size=“2”]Hello everyone.

Re: CS-Cart ver. 2.2.1

This problem pertains to USPS realtime shipping rates and multiple-package orders going to a single destination via Priority Mail to destinations within the USA.

For example: Regarding realtime shipping rates for FedEx Ground shipments, under the configure tab there is a “Max box weight” field where we enter the maximum total weight of products that can be shipped per box, however, under the configure tab for USPS Priority Mail realtime there is no “Max box weight” field! Basically, there's no weight break-point to split the shipment into a multiple package shipment, the realtime rate is simply calculated based on the total weight of all products in the order! Anyone have a remedy or suggestion?

Thanks in advance.[/size]

[quote name=‘Bill G.’ timestamp=‘1314191205’ post=‘120250’]

[size=“2”]Hello everyone.

Re: CS-Cart ver. 2.2.1

This problem pertains to USPS realtime shipping rates and multiple-package orders going to a single destination via Priority Mail to destinations within the USA.

For example: Regarding realtime shipping rates for FedEx Ground shipments, under the configure tab there is a “Max box weight” field where we enter the maximum total weight of products that can be shipped per box, however, under the configure tab for USPS Priority Mail realtime there is no “Max box weight” field! Basically, there’s no weight break-point to split the shipment into a multiple package shipment, the realtime rate is simply calculated based on the total weight of all products in the order! Anyone have a remedy or suggestion?

Thanks in advance.[/size]

[/quote]

Well, I leave the Weight Limit fields as 0.00 - (Blank) for the Priority Mail Realtime shipping method. USPS will then only return a price for Priority Mail shipments up to a maximum of 70 Lbs. This is not a problem for us as any shipments exceeding 70 Lbs would then show shipping rates for all of the Fedex Ground, 3 Day Express, 2nd Day, and Overnight shipping methods in which case these options would be a more feasible option to our customers regardless. I suppose that if you ONLY offered realtime rates from USPS, then this would require some re-thinking! ;)

Greetings Struck, and thanks for the response.

[quote name=‘Struck’ timestamp=‘1314227578’ post=‘120288’]

Well, I leave the Weight Limit fields as 0.00 - (Blank) for the Priority Mail Realtime shipping method. USPS will then only return a price for Priority Mail shipments up to a maximum of 70 Lbs. This is not a problem for us as any shipments exceeding 70 Lbs would then show shipping rates for all of the Fedex Ground, 3 Day Express, 2nd Day, and Overnight shipping methods in which case these options would be a more feasible option to our customers regardless. I suppose that if you ONLY offered realtime rates from USPS, then this would require some re-thinking! ;)

[/quote]

[size=“3”]I understand your point. After reading your reply and thinking about it, it probably won’t be a problem for us either. We offer several shipping method options, all set-up and working fine: FedEx Ground (realtime), USPS Priority Mail (realtime), USPS Priority Mail Flat-rate small box (rate table), USPS Priority Mail Flat-rate Medium box (rate table), USPS Priority Mail Flat-rate Large box (rate table), USPS Priority Mail Regional Flat-rate “A” box (rate table), and USPS Priority Mail Regional Flat-rate “B” box (rate table). It took me quite a while to fully understand the shipping logic, but now that I DO understand it’s quite easy – albeit a little time consuming. [/size] :blink:

Hello Bill,

Yes, I think the only shipment method that we have not been able to implement as well as I would like to see is Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Boxs as a Realtime method. We set a weight based restriction for determining when this method would be displayed which works for us about 75% of the time, however, it is far from ideal. :mellow:

[quote name=‘Struck’ timestamp=‘1314305872’ post=‘120362’]

Hello Bill,

Yes, I think the only shipment method that we have not been able to implement as well as I would like to see is Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Boxs as a Realtime method. We set a weight based restriction for determining when this method would be displayed which works for us about 75% of the time, however, it is far from ideal. :mellow:

[/quote]

Hey Struck.

Acknowledged. As long as we create and set the shipping methods and rates accurate enough that we are satisfied with the rates being charged. Maybe loose a tiny bit here-and-there, but also make a little more here-and-there, so at the end of a year it all balances out. B)