USPS Online Postage Pricing

[quote name=‘Struck’ timestamp=‘1322011461’ post=‘126606’]

Of course you don’t, it was added to version 2.1.3 onward! :)

Double check your “Default Location” settings as I mentioned above to see what you have entered in those address fields.

[/quote]

Ok, I can have my site upgraded by tomorrow then.

My default location is properly set to United States, Ohio, with the right zip code.

[quote]My default location is properly set to United States, Ohio, with the right zip code.[/quote]

You missed some of the detail I mentioned above in asking you to leave ALL address fields blank other than Only entering your Country.

Just give this a quick try & retest the rates you are seeing returned. :)

[quote name=‘Struck’ timestamp=‘1322012089’ post=‘126608’]

You missed some of the detail I mentioned above in asking you to leave ALL address fields blank other than Only entering your Country.

Just give this a quick try & retest the rates you are seeing returned. :)

[/quote]

As soon as I tried to remove the address from the company tab and only leave the country, it gave me the error:

Sorry, it seems that we have no shipping options available for your location.

Please check your shipping address and contact us if everything is okay. We’ll see what we can do about it.

So I tried another zip code, and still calculated high.

[quote]As soon as I tried to remove the address from the company tab and only leave the country, it gave me the error:

Sorry, it seems that we have no shipping options available for your location.[/quote]

Ok, based on all of this, it appears you need to revisit and properly create your “Locations” under “Shipping/Taxes” of your admin panel. I would read up on the proper way to create “Locations” in CS-Cart in the manual, or KB beforehand.

Hello Struck,

I haven't had the chance to upgrade the store but I checked on the Locations. I have two locations set up, one for United States and the other Canada. For the US one I have United states moved to the left for countries, and then I have all of the US states moved to the left for the states. It should be good no?

Thanks

Hello Struck,

I contacted cs-cart support to help me out and they find out the problem. It's a bit embarrassing but it might help someone else in the future. Under the shipping charges tab for my shipping method, I had 10% added if my product was above $0. So basically if the item is $200, it would add $20 to the shipping cost.

I swore I looked at that tab a million times before, but never caught on the 10%. I think that's because the little check box to the left was not checked so maybe I thought that none of those parameters were activated and I didn't pay close attention to the value.

Thanks for your help guys.

[quote]I had 10% added if my product was above $0.[/quote]

Yeah, that’ll do it every time! Well at least you got the problem fixed! ;)

[quote name='dstars' timestamp='1322921926' post='127204']

Hello Struck,

I contacted cs-cart support to help me out and they find out the problem. It's a bit embarrassing but it might help someone else in the future. Under the shipping charges tab for my shipping method, I had 10% added if my product was above $0. So basically if the item is $200, it would add $20 to the shipping cost.

I swore I looked at that tab a million times before, but never caught on the 10%. I think that's because the little check box to the left was not checked so maybe I thought that none of those parameters were activated and I didn't pay close attention to the value.

Thanks for your help guys.

[/quote]

Thanks for the post… this did the trick and fixed my shipping problems too… I also assumed because no check mark = not active, yet I was wrong as soon as I zeroed that out… presto! Shipping was back to normal! Thanks again!