USPS january 26 changes

Thanks Magpie Don. I followed the instructions and now have First Class International Package service available again.

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

Thanks for the instructions. Now also working for us.

I tried to get clarification from the postmaster about First Class Tracking today and they insist that it is NOT an Extra Service. They cannot ADD Tracking to a First Class package. I told them that the tracking numbers they are now providing for free with First Class cannot be tracked on USPS.com. I assume that the Tracking number for First Class packages can only be tracked at the post office counter - because they can track them with the number.

It's odd. The price goes up on First Class packages, but Tracking is included (used to cost $.90 for Delivery Confirmation), but it can't be used on their website.

The price of Priority goes up, but Tracking is included (also used to cost $.90 for Delivery Confirmation). I used to get Delivery Confirmation for free when I print my labels at USPS.com - so this change is no savings for me.

USPS no longer sells Delivery Confirmation or any kind of Tracking as an extra service.

CS-CART Support,

For everyone's sanity, can you post a SQL file that can be copied to the var/database/backup directory on someone's site and then use the Administration/Database Restore option to update the DB properly with whatever is required for cs-cart's official solution to the USPS problem(s)?

Given the number of cs-cart merchants that use USPS, the highest priority should be placed on you providing a solution that works on all existing versions of cs-cart.

Hello tbirnseth,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, most probably we will upload the necessary SQL file to the File Area page in Customer Help Desk so that everyone could download it after a fix is ready. As regards the possibility of a multi-version fix, we will certainly consider it.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

The worst part is how much they raised international postage. Largest raise I've ever seen in 20 years.

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1359564468' post='154027']

Yes, log into phpMyAdmin and select your CS-Cart database in the left menu.

Scroll down the list of tables and find the “cscart_shipping_services” table. Click on the table name.

The table data will load in the right pane. Click on the header/name of the field labeled “service_id” to sort the values ascending. On page 4 (in my case) you will find service_id 204. The code field for this record should be “First Class Mail International Parcels” .Click the Edit link and change the code field to “First Class Package International Service” (without the double quotes). If the code field for service_id 204 is something else, then find the code field “First Class Mail International Parcels” and change that one. Click the Go button to apply your change.

Follow the same instructions for the database table named “cscart_shipping_service_descriptions” (in the left menu), and on page 5 (in my case), click the edit link for the record with description “USPS First-Class Mail International Parcels”. Change the description to “USPS First-Class Package International Service” (without the double quotes). Click the Go button to apply your change.

[/quote]

Magpie Don,

Can I also get you to help me do the same for First Class Mail International Large Envelope? I just discovered that I can offer this as a cheaper alternative. On one order yesterday from Canada it would have reduced the price from $9.15 to $3.25. I've enabled it in my admin area, but it's not working, probably because it needs tweaked like the others.

Thanks in advance.

Edward

There is no indication in the USPS documentation about the change that took place on Jan 27th about “First Class Mail International Large Envelope” being renamed. I don't offer this class of service.

Try turning on HTTP logging and see what reply you are getting from USPS in your CS-Cart logs. Maybe you can determine if the service is just not configured properly.

The killer is Canada for the US stores. Canada use to be given lower rates now its treated like any other international shipment.

I sent a package last week it was 4.50 ish, same package after the change was 8.55. for a 7 oz padded envelope.

Criminal increases!

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1360081257' post='154516']

There is no indication in the USPS documentation about the change that took place on Jan 27th about “First Class Mail International Large Envelope” being renamed. I don't offer this class of service.

Try turning on HTTP logging and see what reply you are getting from USPS in your CS-Cart logs. Maybe you can determine if the service is just not configured properly.

[/quote]

I've tried a couple of times to paste the log information here but the forum software keeps truncating it.

Guess I'll just lodge a ticket with support.

Thanks.

I tested the international large envelope and all works well for me. I'm using cs-cart 2.1.1

I looked in the DB and found this info

in table cscart_shipping_services service_id=203 the code=First-Class Mail International Large Envelope

in table cscart_shipping_service_descriptions service_id=203 the description changes a little depending on lang_code

lang_code=EN description=USPS First-Class Mail International Large Envelope ← dash between first and class

lang_code=FR description=USPS First Class Mail International Large Envelope

lang_code=ES description=USPS First Class Mail International Large Envelope

I test english with and without and it worked either way. I played with any other options in the admin side, that I could think of and always could see the international large flat envelope.

Good luck

David,

I checked and fixed these in the database, still that service does not become available in my shopping cart and when I click the “Test” link in my shipping settings in the admin it says “Error: Invalid First Class Mail Type. / Service not available.”

Thanks though, and I'm glad it works for you…gives me hope.