USPS isn't showing up as a live cart selection

I have USPS configured correctly but it doesn't show up as an option when I test it live. Just UPS shows.



It is enabled in Shipping Settings

It is set to Realtime

It is active

It is not in test mode

No weight limits are added

I do have the correct username entered



I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Bumping - anyone have any suggestions?

Hi Brennie,

Look in Administration>Logs for calls to USPS and post one of the records here. I have had some success taking apart what is in the record and troubleshooting the problem.

This doesn't say USPS but it's the closest I can find in the logs and it has address information in it:

[quote]Requests (http/https request)

URL: http://www.google-analytics.com/__utm.gif

Request: 'utmwv=1&utmt=tran&utmn=1052476722&utmtid=336700&utmtto=46.31&utmttx=0&utmtsp=13.27&utmtci=Brooklyn&utmtrg=NY&utmtco=United+States&utmac=UA-2515636-3&utmcc=__utma%3D91393359.1137246819.1382825701.1382825701.1382825701.1%3B%2B__utmb%3D91393359.43.10.1382825701%3B%2B__utmc%3D91393359%3B%2B__utmz%3D91393359.1382825701.1.1.utmcsr%3D%28direct%29%7Cutmccn%3D%28direct%29%7Cutmcmd%3D%28none%29%3B'[/quote]


[quote]Requests (http/https request)

URL: http://www.google-analytics.com/__utm.gif

Request: 'utmwv=1&utmt=tran&utmn=1207999089&utmtid=336701&utmtto=-88.87&utmttx=0&utmtsp=12.67&utmtci=San+Antonio&utmtrg=TX&utmtco=United+States&utmac=UA-2515636-3&utmcc=__utma%3D91393359.1924447550.1382826351.1382826351.1382826351.1%3B%2B__utmb%3D91393359.10.10.1382826351%3B%2B__utmc%3D91393359%3B%2B__utmz%3D91393359.1382826351.1.1.utmcsr%3Dgoogle%7Cutmccn%3D%28organic%29%7Cutmcmd%3Dorganic%7Cutmctr%3D%28not+provided%29%3B'[/quote]

Nope. That's a request to Google Analytics.

If you have HTTP and HTTPS Requests enabled in the Settings for your Logs, then you should see the requests for rates to UPS and USPS when you log into an account in the store, and get shipping rates in the shopping cart.

The cart sends a request to UPS and USPS with the destination and weight.

HTTP & HTTPS Requests are enabled. Strange - there were no USPS requests then I guess… so where does this point me now for this issue?

There also weren't any requests for UPS but I've received orders that have selected the UPS shipping (because it's the only one showing available right now)

I normally have the HTTP requests turned off in the Logs.

I just enabled it, had to clear the cache in order for the requests to write to the log.

Tested an order and the log shows a request to USPS at this URL:


URL: http://production.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPI.dll

I disabled the HTTP requests, cleared cache, re-enabled, cleared cache and did a test visit to calculate shipping and nothing from this test visit is showing up in my logs.

OH boy I am such a dork. I had the wrong user ID entered. I entered the username I use to log in to USPS.com instead of my USPS user ID (keyword, “ID”). Problem solved! :oops: