Usps Changes...only Priority Mail Being Offered

Yes, I've had two responses so far.

The first one was:

[quote][color=#555555]Thank you for the message. [/color]

[color=#555555]We will contact you at the first opportunity. However, I am afraid that our technical support department is loaded heavily at the moment. You should expect our answer not earlier than in 2-3 business days. We apologize for any possible inconveniences. [/color]

[color=#555555]Thank you.[/color][/quote]

And the second one was:

[quote][color=#555555]Thank you for your time and patience. I sincerely apologize for the delay in answering.[/color]

[color=#555555]We will contact you as soon as we get any result regarding your question.[/color]

[color=#555555]Thank you.[/color][/quote]

I got an answer. To get the Large Envelope rate, you need to choose “Flat” from the “First Class Mail Type” dropdown (as opposed to Parcel or Letter). Choosing “Flat” delivers the lower rate.

Keep in mind that First Class Flats are limited to 3/4" thick. If your envelope is thicker than that, the PO is going to charge you Parcel rate when you ship.

It is designed for magazines.

http://pe.usps.com/businessmail101/mailcharacteristics/flats.htm

OK thanks for the heads up. That's probably OK for me for the most part.

I offer a lot of small, lightweight parts so, I ship a lot of 6x4x4 boxes via First Class Parcel. As long as they are not over 13oz, the postage is cheap for the customer.

First Class Package International is a must for me as well. In most cases, my international customers don't want to pay Priority or Express International rates. They can pay a First Class International rate on any package up to 4lbs or $400 declared value. Since they have allowed me to purchase the First Class International labels (including customs declaration) at USPS.com Click-N-Ship - I haven't lost one package. I used to have to hand write those customs labels for the First Class International shipments, which was time consuming and a couple of those shipments got lost.

“Domestic Express Mail” isn't working for me either. Must be another word change, like usual. The media mail change mentioned earlier in this thread worked for me.

USPS changed the name of Express Mail last year:

Thanks…I had made the database change before, but not the code change…works now.

For us to get the first class to work we had to change the “First Class Mail Type” to “Parcel”. The “Flat” was way lower than our actual shipping cost and since it was usually on a small item with little profitability we just could not eat the shipping cost.

We've noticed a huge slowdown with CS-Cart in our cart area.8-10 sec delays. After looking it over and putting in a bug request, they said we had too many shipping methods. We only ship via FedEx and USPS and methods vary as to what the customer wants. We've never had a problem until recently. But they said that this is because it sends and gets each request separately. Note that this includes FedEx, so I don't think it's a USPS issue; it's poorly written code from CS Cart.

Of course they offered to do cu$tom development to fix it!

I don't think having two methods with a few different rates is too much to offer to customers.

Jack