USPS API changes

[SIZE=3]I know the latest version of cs-cart has the fixes for the new USPS API. But what about the older versions using the USPS API scheduled to be discontinued this month?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I have several sites using 1.3.5 SP4, 2.0.11 and 2.0.12.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Are there fixes for these? Has anyone made the necessary API fixes for these older versions? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]My clients are not going to upgrade, they are happy with their version and modifications made to their cart. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I was expecting cs-cart to release a batch fix for the USPS API, but no word yet. Since so many people are still using the older versions I imagine someone has made the modifications already.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I do not want to recreate the wheel and code this up myself if someone is willing to share their changes (hopefully cs-cart).[/SIZE]

I had somewhat the same question. I was curious if one could simply replace the shippings/usps.php file and all would be well for the shipping methods that were previously in the DB and in use… Haven’t tried it yet. Trying to figure out easiest path… modify usps shipping for 2.0.x or upgrade from 2.0.x to 2.1.4…

Maybe cs-cart will address this question here in the forum since they monitor now…

Hello.

In order to change the USPS API, copy the attached archive file to the “shippings” directory on your server, unpack it, rename the standard “usps.php” file and then rename the copied file to “usps.php”.

For version 1.3.5 SP4 please use the “usps135sp4.php.zip” file.

For version 2.0.11 please use the “usps2011.php.zip” file.

Thank you.

usps2011.php.zip

usps135sp4.php.zip

Thankyou very much, I will try it later tonight.

Great Support,

David:D

[quote name=‘Triplets’]Thankyou very much, I will try it later tonight.

Great Support,

David:D[/QUOTE]

You are welcome!

If you have the problems please post the ticket in Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary FTP access to your server, in order that we could investigate it in more detail.

Thank you.

You’ve specified 2.0.11. Is the same file used for 2.0.14 & 2.0.15?

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]You’ve specified 2.0.11. Is the same file used for 2.0.14 & 2.0.15?[/QUOTE]

Hello tbirnseth,

I attached a new file for version 2.0.15.

As regards version 2.0.14, I advise you to compare clean files of both version and check changes.

Thank you.

Mikhail Ponomarev

CS-Cart Support team

usps2015.php.zip