Using Webgility eCC for CS-Cart syncing with Quickbooks POS

We are setting up an ecommerce site which we want to sync to our brick and mortar store’s POS system. Just wondering who else is using or trying to set up syncing between CS-Cart and Intuit Quickbooks POS. The top ready-made solution seems to be eCC from Webgility. I’d be interested in hearing how this combination of softwares works.

Are there any problems with Webgility’s eCC? Is there anything in Quickbooks POS it can’t access or sync?

Has anyone set up drop shipping with QBPOS and eCC?

Has anyone found the fact that eCC can’t create purchase orders in POS a problem?

Thanks for any insights.

We tried this about a year and half ago. It was an absolute nightmare. Ecc were very helpful, and kept releasing updates to address problems, but ultimately it was one of the most frustrating experiences Ive ever had. Tech support was in India, and it always sounded like they were at the end of a tunnel. I could barely hear them, even with my finger plugged in my ear.

The best thing I ever did, was to get a programmer to create some simple database views that give me my monthly totals. I download that as a csv, and my bookkeeper imports it into Quickbooks. You can pretty much configure that anyway you want too, all the information is in Cs Cart.

We export (out of CS Cart) the following;

monthly sales ex tax

monthly tax collected

monthly shipping ex tax

monthly shipping collected

I'm sure a someone like Alt-Team, ###### etc could do that for you very quickly and easily, depending on your needs. If you really want a complete sync of inventory it will of course be more complex.

-Scott.

Thanks for sharing, even though the news is bad. I just installed the demo yesterday and will try to connect to our CS-Cart demo today. I'll be mindful of your experience.

We want the sync as many of our products are not stock. I've thought about doing it as you did, but on a daily basis. Will see how it goes.

We deployed ECC ship a few months ago without any problems for a client that had one flagship store, then a few other locations.

We then made their main website (CsCart) pull from all available inventories @ all locations.

Finally, we modified ECC ship to be able to download and fulfill from multiple locations, meaning their could be a “pick order” for how the order was fulfilled. This is basically a “living inventory” model … where the web is in sync with your brick and mortar stores.

Granted, to use this workflow you have to use CSCart as your POS / Point of Sale system - which can be done with modifications here and there.

This also consolidates the RMA process as well, as an online order can be returned at a store or other location and sync back up.

To keep things in sync … you have to modify the ECC bridge and process, we found that it wouldn't work out of the box for multiple locations. Happy to talk to anyone about the solution, just contact me directly at tom@fdgweb.com if you want. (PST - Seattle)

Just had a discussion with our Development Manager … slight clarification … if you use Quickbooks as your POS and inventory control … the above also works… you do not need to use CSCart as a POS exclusively so long as your inventory exists where it can push/pull.

Thanks for sharing. Will keep this info in mind. It seems more people use Quickbooks financial rather than POS. We use strictly POS for our store management and it's simpler.

[quote name='merchantman' timestamp='1383829333' post='171180']

Thanks for sharing, even though the news is bad. I just installed the demo yesterday and will try to connect to our CS-Cart demo today. I'll be mindful of your experience.

We want the sync as many of our products are not stock. I've thought about doing it as you did, but on a daily basis. Will see how it goes.

[/quote]

Hi, I'm wondering how things have gone for you since you installed the demo?

Alt-team created an addon for me some time ago that calculates the total sales/VAT per month/quarter/year. That does the trick. Im sure they would be willing to sell it to those interested.

Note that for things like status changes and shipment info, they do not interface with the PHP code of the cart but instead simply update the database directly. This prevents things like email being sent on status or shipment change, etc. I.e. you lose all business logic. Extraction seems to work fine for my clients. It's the integration back into the cart that seems to cause difficulty. They do NOT use the API so things can be somewhat volatile between versions.