Using real time UPS and ?

I’m using real time rates for UPS. People can choose which shipping options they want (Ground, 2nd Day, or Next Day) and get the exact rate for shipping.

However, it is possible to people to go over the 150LB weight limit for UPS. As an example, if people order over 4 of these: www.survival-gear.com/emergency-survival-kit.htm they go over 150lbs.

When this happens, customers receive this message when calculating shipping cost:

"Unfortunately, no shipping options are available for your location.

Please contact us and we will see about delivering to you. "

Can I add another shipping option for extra heavy weight orders?

Or does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with orders over the weight limit?

And, do you know where I can change those words so I can convey something other than telling customers “we’ll see” about delivering to you?

Thanks,

Steve

Unfortunately weight charges only apply to single item weights. So if 3 are within your weight restrictions and 4 are not, you’re just kind of stuck.

You can always add a shipping method that is priced based on number of items but more importantly that says it’s an ESTIMATE and that the customer should call for a firm shipping quote.

What about this link? I have the same problem and was considering doing what YoDog in reply #6 did as a work around. Next upgrade I believe will help with this problem (I think)…See link below:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=17799&highlight=no+shipping+weight+over+150[/url]

Should work but as in most “configurations”, your mileage may vary…

I have set up the shipping properties for the few items that are heavy. As long as someone doesn’t order over 4 of the item, the shipping works fine.

But when the total weight goes over the 150 lb limit for UPS, then I get the error of no shipping options available.

I thought that by putting in the weight and specifying that 1-2 can fit in a box with pre-set dimensions, then one could order as many as they want and not have to be concerned about the 150lb UPS limit.

Do I have something possibly set up wrong or does this still not work if the total weight is over 150?

Please share any insight.

[QUOTE]Do I have something possibly set up wrong or does this still not work if the total weight is over 150?[/QUOTE]

This problem was fixed in 2.1.3

I have created up to 2,700 Lb shipments based upon multiple 58 Lb cartons with realtime rates calculated accurately.

You need to look over all your settings again

Yep, had to specify the max weight per box within the shipping methods under ‘configure’. I had nothing there, but put in 150 as max. Filling that in allowed the rates to be calculated.

Good Deal!

Just something to consider, keep in mind the UPS Oversized package fee for single carton weights exceeding 75 Lbs when determining your maximum carton weight setting, just in case you do have some flexibility for this setting. :wink:

ok i have this issue, but i have a item that is a kit, so total weight is 341lbs but it ships in multiple boxes. I can't make it work at all just gives me the no shipping options available for your area, can anyone help?

ok i have this issue, but i have a item that is a kit, so total weight is 341lbs but it ships in multiple boxes. I can't make it work at all just gives me the no shipping options available for your area, can anyone help?

my current fix was to edit weights to under 150lbs then added a percentage if the price was over a set amount, worked ok but not the correct way to do it im sure.