Using Excel

Do you mean Excel as in Microsoft Excel? CS-Cart can’t do xlsx sheets, but it does export/import CSV’s really good.

The only problem I’ve found is that Excel is kind of stupid when it comes to product codes. Depending on your code, Excel might make it into scientific notation, a date, or a phone number. For my own codes, I can just do a comma delimited csv, but for some of my clients, I have to use tab delimited and make it a txt file. Then I can open it in Excel and make the product code column a text column instead of a general column.

Kind of lame, but this isn’t CS-Cart’s fault.

Beyond that, I’m not sure what it is exactly that you are looking for.

By the way, you don’t have to use Excel. There is plenty of other spreadsheet software out there that can do the job too.

Thanks,

Brandon

I convert xls and xlsx files to csv files all of the time and don't have any problems.

It should be as simple as just saving your Excel file as a CSV and then going from there. I like using comma delimited, but depending on what type of data you have, you might find it better to use a tab delimited txt file and then opening it from within Excel instead of just double clicking on it.

I hope that helps,

Brandon