User Type: Sales Reps / Agents?

I am looking for a way to create an account that will allow us to set up part-time agents and/or attach sales rep to sales…

One way would be to provide Agents/Reps with a 'coupon code' (un-discounted? & unique to them) in order that they can set up and order for a customer and then back in the office we can track their orders.

The affiliate system is geared squarely at on-line affiliates so not really usable for this purpose.

In an ideal way, a rep/agent should be able to log in at the front-end (keep them away from back-end admin!) and allow them to place orders and see their commissions etc.

I have tried a number of ways setting up separate admin group with just 'view catalogue' and 'place orders' permissions but not really how I want it to work…

Any thoughts?

So, it appears you are attempting to use your CS-Cart store as a POS system?

I would consider creating a special “User Group” and assigning these individual sales reps to this special group.

By assigning them to this special User Group you would then have the ability to display unique details to only members of this group. Perhaps you could tie sales commission calculations for these sales reps into Reward Points, for example 1 Reward Point = $1.00 in earned commission, or whatever makes most sense.

Thanks for your response @Struck,

[quote][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]So, it appears you are attempting to use your CS-Cart store as a POS system?[/font][/color][/quote]

Almost a POS i guess. In its simplest form, I suppose having a pure admin only field per order where the back-office staff can assign an agent or rep ID code / flag so that orders could be tied back to the agent and commission calculated. The reporting could be done outside of CS-Cart via SQL queries on the DB.

[quote][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I would consider creating a special “User Group” and assigning these individual sales reps to this special group.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]By assigning them to this special User Group you would then have the ability to display unique details to only members of this group. Perhaps you could tie sales commission calculations for these sales reps into Reward Points, for example 1 Reward Point = $1.00 in earned commission, or whatever makes most sense.[/font][/color][/quote]

I will have a look at that option.

The ideal scenario is a 'locked down' admin user group named 'Agents' where those users could just add orders which can be tracked to that specific agent and where they can only view the orders that they have placed.

Probably out-of-scope at this stage in CS-Cart's evolution - there are other carts out there that have that functionality but lack other features which keep CS-Cart as our front-runner at this time.