User joins group, how is admin notified?

I’m adding promotions to my client’s web site. They will be based on a user group.

As a test customer, I logged in and accessed my profile. I chose to be a member of a user group. The site accepted my edit and put my membership as pending.

As an admin I went to the admin pages. When I go to the user profile I can see that the user group membership is pending. But what I don’t see is a banner saying “these users have membership pending: AAA, BBB, …”.

When my test user signed up, was there an email sent out? Or is there something in the admin pages that I am missing?

Thanks,

Jerome.

[quote name=‘javaguy’]I’m adding promotions to my client’s web site. They will be based on a user group.

As a test customer, I logged in and accessed my profile. I chose to be a member of a user group. The site accepted my edit and put my membership as pending.

As an admin I went to the admin pages. When I go to the user profile I can see that the user group membership is pending. But what I don’t see is a banner saying “these users have membership pending: AAA, BBB, …”.

When my test user signed up, was there an email sent out? Or is there something in the admin pages that I am missing?

Thanks,

Jerome.[/QUOTE]

Hello Jerome,

When a customer signs up for a user group, the status of the user group is changed from “Available” to “Pending” and the administrator of the store gets an instant e-mail notification saying that the customer requested the necessary user group. After that the administrator of the store can activate this user group for the mentioned customer (Administration->Customers->customer’s name->User group).

If the administrator of the store does not get the email, please check if the correct email address is entered into the "User department e-mail address " input field ( Administration ->Settings ->Company). For more information about why the administrator does not get emails, please refer to this article in our Knowledge Base: [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation