Use the latest jQuery without breaking CS-Cart

After a bit of frustration with CS-Cart, I have managed to utilize the latest version of jQuery without breaking the CS-Cart.

It’s simple really…

Now whenever I want to run my own jQuery using the newest version, I reference it with “jQuery15”.

You can see the example I put in the my_changes folder.

Here are the my_changes…

/skins/YOUR_SKIN/customer/addons/my_changes/hooks/index/scripts.post.tpl

<br />
{* adamarbour.com -- Latest jQuery loaded from Google's CDN. *}<br />
<br />
<!-- Grab Google CDN's jQuery, with a protocol relative URL; fall back to local if necessary --><br />
<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.5.1/jquery.js"></script><br />
<script type="text/javascript"><br />
	var jQuery15 = jQuery;<br />
	jQuery.noConflict(true);<br />
</script><br />
<br />
<script type="text/javascript"><br />
	$(document).ready(function(){$ldelim}<br />
		alert(jQuery.fn.jquery);<br />
		alert(jQuery15.fn.jquery);<br />
	{$rdelim});<br />
</script><br />

```<br />
<br />
[B]UPDATE 1:[/B] I made this a bit more simple after reading more. I am not a Javascript programmer, so all of this was new. Thanks!

Did anyone tested yet ?

how about making pretty photo use it ?

how would one mod PP to use 1.5

Yes this does work.

I have integrated WOW Slider with CS-Cart version 2.x using the latest version of JQuery CDN from google.

Without using noConflict it breaks carousel for related, new items, etc.

Hello,

I have a cs-cart v.2.0.8 version and I installed a script that requires latest jquery version.

I tried to implement this method but nothing happened. I tried to edit the .js files fo the script to jQuery15 but an error occured saying that jQuery15 is not a function. Maybe I am missing something in scripts.post.tpl

Mine scripts.post.tpl

```php {* adamarbour.com – Latest jQuery loaded from Google's CDN. *}

```

Thank you in advance

What is the path to scripts.post.tpl that you added the code?

Did you clear your cache?

I added the code for the script in scripts.tpl. The path for scripts.post.tpl is skins/my skin/customer/addons/my_changes/hooks/index

Yes, I cleared the cache. It is not loading the scripts.post.tpl, though my_changes addon works, because I use footer override code. Can you tell me how you managed to integrate wow slider?

thank you

[quote name='dataspotgr' timestamp='1386835046' post='173381']

I added the code for the script in scripts.tpl. The path for scripts.post.tpl is skins/my skin/customer/addons/my_changes/hooks/index

Yes, I cleared the cache. It is not loading the scripts.post.tpl, though my_changes addon works, because I use footer override code. Can you tell me how you managed to integrate wow slider?

thank you

[/quote]

What skin are you using? I don't see that referenced in your path above.

I configured it as as an addon, so I am not using my_changes, but the concept is the same.

Make sure the my_changes addon is active, make sure your paths are correct and clear your cache (admin.php?cc, delete /var/cache directory if you have to

/public_html/demo2/skins/fresh_pick/customer/addons/wow/hooks/index

```php

```

I added the path to scripts in scripts.post.tpl and renamed $ with jQuery15 and it worked like a charm!!!

thank you man for your help