use same thumbnail images across many products

I have aver 400 hundred products that are just accessories to other on one site. We a logo for the thumbnail. Cs-cart then makes an copy with different name for each product. So what I see is when a customer goes to look at this catagory the server would send same image to cutomer browser many time with different name. would it not be faster if it would not rename the image for each product. so it would only send the image once to customer browser.

Dave DeWitt

Hello Dave,

Surely, your suggestion makes sense. I would like to inform you that since recently we have started using the UserVoice service to accept new feature requests and suggestions on improving CS-Cart: http://cscart.uservoice.com

We would like to ask you to post your suggestion to the CS-Cart forum at uservoice.com. Detailed information and explanation why these improvements should be implemented will help it earn more votes and probably be among the top features that might be added to CS-Cart.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

You could change the default “No image available” image If EVERY item in your store that doesn't have a picture is what you want to add the same thumbnail to and then just not add a picture to the items you want to have the new default image. But that would only work for you if you are using the same logo for all accessories.