Use product feature variants as menu

Is it possible to create a menu that use the variants of a product features ?

Hello Pascal,

[quote name='Pascal' timestamp='1341662228' post='140107']

Is it possible to create a menu that use the variants of a product features ?

[/quote]

Thank you for your message.

I assume that you want to filter products by feature variants. In this case I suggest that you should create a product filters block. This block will contain feature variants by clicking on which the appropriate products (which have this feature variant defined) will be shown to you. In order to create this block please refer to the instructions in the following article of our Knowledge base:

[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

If you mean something else, please clarify your request in more detail.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Hi

I had that request earlier this year but Pavel the way you describe is not enough, although I also did it this way.

What if you have want to filter by compination variants that have stock? Then filters is not an option.

I think this is a must for a feature update.

Fotis

[quote name=‘CS-Cart Support team’ timestamp=‘1341823112’ post=‘140182’]

Hello Pascal,

Thank you for your message.

I assume that you want to filter products by feature variants. In this case I suggest that you should create a product filters block. This block will contain feature variants by clicking on which the appropriate products (which have this feature variant defined) will be shown to you. In order to create this block please refer to the instructions in the following article of our Knowledge base:

[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

If you mean something else, please clarify your request in more detail.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

Yes I think I could make it by this way. Will try. Just have to create a wrapper that will suit my needs.

Thanks for answer :)

In fact it works, but what my goal was to do the same with the menu design, what is not possible with the filter blocks.

Hello,

[quote name='dvsgr' timestamp='1341849504' post='140212']

Hi

I had that request earlier this year but Pavel the way you describe is not enough, although I also did it this way.

What if you have want to filter by compination variants that have stock? Then filters is not an option.

I think this is a must for a feature update.

Fotis

[/quote]

As far as I understand, you want to have the ability to filter products by In stock or Out of stock. I agree with you that this feature will be more than helpful for many our clients. That is why I have forwarded this feature request to our engineers. It has good chances to appear in one of the next CS-Cart versions after our engineers consider the feature request.

[quote]

In fact it works, but what my goal was to do the same with the menu design, what is not possible with the filter blocks.

[/quote]

Yes, you right, unfortunately, there is no way to add product filters so that they can be displayed as a vertical/horizontal drop-down menu. If this ability is important to you, it can be implemented by applying some code changes. You can make them by yourself (if you know PHP) or hire a third-party developer (here you can find a lot of offers from CS-Cart developers or consider our custom development service).

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team