US at the top of the shipping estimate dropdown?

Hi is it possible to put United States at the top of the country dropdown list where they estimate shipping? (& anywhere else that appears for that matter).

I would like to see this too. I tried and tried to figure this out on my own, but I finally just gave up. Does anyone have any ideas?

Brandon

I have the answer now & it’s so simple it’ll make you say “duh”. Go into your Admin & click on Settings. Select US as the default country in the default address section.

Walah.

[quote name=‘Brennie369’]I have the answer now & it’s so simple it’ll make you say “duh”. Go into your Admin & click on Settings. Select US as the default country in the default address section.

Walah.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this does work. However, it appears to introduce a bug in the gift certificates page (if you have the add-on enabled): the states list does not populate unless the visitor first manually selects a country. Since the country is already selected by default by virtue of the Admin panel setting, the states list is initially empty. Only by selecting another country and then re-selecting the United States does the states list become populated.