US and UK Webhosting

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3]Reliable, Fast And Secure Web [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3]Hosting.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Martfox would like to introduce its line of shared and VPS web hosting packages geared towards those that are looking for a safe, secure and reliable web hosting service.

[SIZE=3]All our servers are Litespeed powered![/SIZE]

- Up to 9 times faster than Apache hosting

• PHP performance up by over 50%
    • 3 times faster than Apache in SSL
    • Fully compatible with Apache websites

[SIZE=3]Hardware[/SIZE]

All of our servers are supplied Supermicro and feature some of the best server-grade hardware. All servers feature 4GB+ of memory and RAID protected storage with redundant power-supplies.

Enterprise Server Hardware

• Powerful Supermicro Rackmount Servers
  • A Minimum of Four Processors In Each Machine
  • A Minimum of 4GB DDR Memory
  • Full 100Mbit Uplink Connectivity to Each Server
  • APC Power Mangement and Remote Reboots For Easy Control and Power Management
  • 4 Backups Per Day to Ensure Data Safety
  • Hardware RAID Redundant Hard Disks
  • Fast SATAII Hard Drives
  • Uncrowded Servers

Innovative Server Software

• CentOS Linux Operating System
  • LiteSpeed Web Server
  • MySQL 5.x
  • PHP 5.2.x
  • cPanel 11
  • Zend Optimizer
  • Spam Assassin & Spam Guard

[SIZE=3]Datacenter Information[/SIZE]

Our servers are located in the best world class datacenters in UK and USA for maximum uptime, speed and connectivity.

Kent - UK

From here we collect our IP transit from SynergyWorks, operating a fully BGP compliant network utilising a ‘best path’ routing policy. Our network is provided courtesy of RackSRV Communications.

[SIZE=2]Dallas, Texas - USA[/SIZE]

SoftLayer Dallas is located inside the recognized Infomart telecom hotel, a private, Tier III, N+1 facility near downtown Dallas. Infomart is also home to data centers belonging to MCI, Level 3, Equinix, Verio, Switch & Data, Verizon, Telefonica and Via West.

It sits on three redundant TXU electrical grids, delivering diverse power to each quadrant of the building, with five on-site 100-ton water chillers meeting N+1 cooling requirements.

[COLOR=DarkOrange]All accounts are immediatly activated upon completion of order![/COLOR]

[SIZE=3]Automatic Daily Backups Four Times A Day[/SIZE]

We back up all of our clients’ data (including email accounts, websites, and settings) every six hours to both local and remote servers. This means that in the unlikely event of a server failure, we’ll be able to restore full functionality quickly and easily.

[COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]You are also able to login to the backup server and restore your own files.[/COLOR]

[/COLOR] [SIZE=3]FREE & Instant Setup[/SIZE]

Your account is instantly setup, just after you submit your order and payment!

[SIZE=3]Amazing Technical Support Provided 24 Hours A Day[/SIZE]

Our friendly and knowledgeable support staff is available 24/7 to provide prompt and accurate technical support to any of our clients, at absolutely no extra cost. Once you’re an Martfox client, you’ll have the comforting assurance of knowing that our friendly and knowledgeable technical support staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to your inquiries and answer your questions. We understand the importance of addressing your concerns as quickly and possible and getting your website up-and-running the way that you want and need it to be. All support is done in-house and we will never outsource.

[COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Black]Average response time of just 10 minutes.[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[SIZE=3]99.9% Uptime Guarantee[/SIZE]

We guaranteed 99.9% uptime to all our clients!

[SIZE=3]30 Day Money Back Guarantee[/SIZE]

We’re so confident of our exceptional web hosting and unbeatable customer service, that we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are dissatisfied for any reason, simply request a refund, and we’ll give you your money back.

[SIZE=3]No Tricks, No Gimmicks[/SIZE]

Finally, we promise to provide our services through simple, direct, and straightforward billing practices. We have no setup or joining fees, and absolutely no hidden charges. You don’t even need to sign a minimum-length or minimum-amount contract. The prices that are shown with our packages are exactly what you’ll pay, nothing more.

[SIZE=3]Free Site Migration[/SIZE]

If you’re moving from another host to begin using our web hosting services, we’ll transfer the entire website and associated databases, absolutely free of charge.

[SIZE=3]No Problems[/SIZE]

with:

• .htaccess files
  • permission issues
  • backups (automatically 4x / day)
  • SSL certificates
  • php.ini settings
  • security

[SIZE=3]Test IP’s

[/SIZE]

UK Server - 91.204.209.180

US Server- 67.228.177.225

If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with us via our Help Desk , Live Help on our site or post your questions here (this forum is monitored only once per day).

Indy,

There’s no phone number to contact them and this is more expensive than other well known UK hosting companies with a proper support and live people on the other side of the phone. Give us something good love :wink:

[quote name=‘Noman’]Indy,

There’s no phone number to contact them and this is more expensive than other well known UK hosting companies with a proper support and live people on the other side of the phone. Give us something good love ;)[/quote]

Hi Noman,

[quote]There’s no phone number[/quote]1) usually many phone numbers you can see on other sites are “Sales” phone numbers, not support numbers. Most of them are outsourced. Each product price is built by costs. Our prices don’t allow to employ people for phone support, but everyone can try our excellent support ticket system or Live Help.

In a hosting business are important things like server speed, security and customer support, not if they have a phone number or not.

Our support response time is 10 minutes in average. Just try it out.

[quote]…more expensive than other well known UK hosting companies…

[/quote]2) I don’t think so, our prices are one of the best in the UK!

Anyway the price says nothing about good product or service. I’ll say, stay away from offers that look too good to be true. If it looks like someone is offering you a dedicated server at a shared hosting price, then you should run the other way.

Noman I think it’s to early to write a review without checking a company and their services properly, isn’t?

But anyway you was the “FIRST” number by posting a message here. :cool:

Indy,

I looked at your VPS with optional Cpanel and I may be adding up the costs incorrectly or maybe translating badly to dollars but it looks like Noman is correct your prices are very high.

Double for example the WiredTree account that I use:

[LIST]

[]Intel Dual Xeon Gainestown

[
]512MB Guaranteed SLM RAM

[]40GB RAID-10 Disk Space

[
]1000GB Bandwidth

[]4 Dedicated IPs

[
]cPanel / WHM (VPS Optimized)

[]Virtuozzo 4 with Power Panel

[
]Fantastico, RVSkin, WHMCS Available

[*]Base Price: $49/month[/LIST]Please compare this to your 512 RAM VPS account with CPanel which seems to be around $90 (I may be wrong so you can correct me)

The above account comes with 24 hour free phone support by level 3 admins who are very friendly and respond within just a few minutes on average when I call and this includes holidays and weekends.

I wish you good luck with your business but it seems like you need to reduce your prices by half and add 24 hour free phone support to be somewhat competitive…

Then if you add great CS cart niche service you might have a good business.

Again good luck - I hope that I have made a mistake in reading your site…

One thing that I am sure of is that in an emergency quick phone support is a must not an option.

So maybe you can add an emergency only number?

The phone support is a must ! when running e-commerce business.

For UK, try www.tagadab.com and see VPS and Dedi boxes. They’re backed up by 10m sterlings by Clara.net.

Also, VPS.net looks very good!

Thanks for your replies, then it’s time to move to your favorits above.

[quote name=‘Traveler’]Indy,

I looked at your VPS with optional Cpanel and I may be adding up the costs incorrectly or maybe translating badly to dollars but it looks like Noman is correct your prices are very high.

Double for example the WiredTree account that I use:[LIST]

[]Intel Dual Xeon Gainestown

[
]512MB Guaranteed SLM RAM

[]40GB RAID-10 Disk Space

[
]1000GB Bandwidth

[]4 Dedicated IPs

[
]cPanel / WHM (VPS Optimized)

[]Virtuozzo 4 with Power Panel

[
]Fantastico, RVSkin, WHMCS Available

[*]Base Price: $49/month[/LIST]Please compare this to your 512 RAM VPS account with CPanel which seems to be around $90 (I may be wrong so you can correct me)

The above account comes with 24 hour free phone support by level 3 admins who are very friendly and respond within just a few minutes on average when I call and this includes holidays and weekends.

I wish you good luck with your business but it seems like you need to reduce your prices by half and add 24 hour free phone support to be somewhat competitive…

Then if you add great CS cart niche service you might have a good business.

Again good luck - I hope that I have made a mistake in reading your site…

One thing that I am sure of is that in an emergency quick phone support is a must not an option.

So maybe you can add an emergency only number?[/quote]

[quote]One thing that I am sure of is that in an emergency quick phone support is a must not an option.

[/quote]1) If you open a ticket you will get a answer in max. 10 minutes usually. I don’t think if you have a technical problem somebody will help you on phone. Another thing is, that not all users are familiar with cPanel or account management, in this case is the phone support “nonsense”.

2) Maybe right, just if you buy a cPanel with your VPS becomes a “managed” status.

3) Our offer here is mostly for customers who need a good shared hosting service.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]1) If you open a ticket you will get a answer in max. 10 minutes usually. I don’t think if you have a technical problem somebody will help you on phone. Another thing is, that not all users are familiar with cPanel or account management, in this case is the phone support “nonsense”.

2) Maybe right, just if you buy a cPanel with your VPS becomes a “managed” status.

3) Our offer here is mostly for customers who need a good shared hosting service.[/QUOTE]

Indy,

1. I do not think you understand the top end of the hosting industry - it is normal to receive technical support on the phone while you are talking with a level 3 admin with lots of experience within just a few minutes at a really good host.

What happens is this:

“They say how can we help you”

You explain your problem and while you wait they fix it - problem solved - zero outsourcing of tech support by a good host.

If a user is not familiar with Cpanel support teaches you on the phone what you need to know this is not nonsense this is standard for a really good host.

2. Since you seem to agree that your VPS plans are double what they should be with manage hosting - you should not give up try and be competitive. If you want to offer unmanaged VPS plans you need a much, much lower price.

3 I do not think much about shared plans as they are only for super tight budgets and not really suitable for a full time business. But even for shared plans 24 hour phone support is a must.

I wish you good luck - please take the above as constructive advice.

[quote name=‘Traveler’]Please compare this to your 512 RAM VPS account with CPanel which seems to be around $90 (I may be wrong so you can correct me)[/quote]

Our price pro month for the package above is €34.60 by annual payment.

With the extra €20 pro month you will get cPanel/WHM inclusive VPS management if you know what a managed server is.

Monthly costs ca. $78.50 for a managed VPS.

EDIT:

I checked the offers of WiredTree. It seems to be a good prices for VPS anyway you forgotten add $12 because all our servers are LiteSpeeded as standard.

As I said we can’t make better offers for our VPS at the moment, but our shared servers price is one of the best on the web (Space, Bandwidth, Speed, Services, Price).

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Our price pro month for the package above is €34.60 by annual payment.

With the extra €20 pro month you will get cPanel/WHM inclusive VPS management if you know what a managed server is.

Monthly costs ca. $78.50 for a managed VPS.[/QUOTE]

Hi Indy,

Yes, I have a managed server so I understand you.

As I thought, your prices are about double for less service than what I receive at WiredTree.

Remember level 3 support by phone 24 hours no outsourcing…

Again I wish you good luck but your prices are very very high…

I’ve been thinking of moving my server/service as support is ropey (foreign i think looking at the answers i get and 3 days over Christmas to answer a question) although it has never been much of an issue most of the time.

Can i have a list of UK based server people (excuse my lack of professionalism, I’m a retail shop owner) that offer good service, and can transfer my website name http:\UKBeading.co.uk over to them. At the moment all I’m looking at is a very basic service (I only get 20-30 hits a day at the moment) 700meg min, traffic next to nothing although i’ve said this year is the year i push the website sid e of the business after dabbling in it last year

I’ll be taking a look at www.tagadab.com and VPS.net

[quote name=‘Traveler’]Hi Indy,

Yes, I have a managed server so I understand you.

As I thought, your prices are about double for less service than what I receive at WiredTree.

Remember level 3 support by phone 24 hours no outsourcing…

Again I wish you good luck but your prices are very very high…[/quote]

Indy.

Some people will bust balls over costs. In the long run its about the service, do yourself a favour in future and don’t post the costs :wink:

[quote name=‘Noman’]The phone support is a must ! when running e-commerce business.

For UK, try www.tagadab.com and see VPS and Dedi boxes. They’re backed up by 10m sterlings by Clara.net.

Also, VPS.net looks very good![/QUOTE]

Hi, I am looking for a good UK company, how does tagabad compare with Hostway and fasthost.co.uk?

Thanks

[quote name=‘badmaash’]Hi, I am looking for a good UK company, how does tagabad compare with Hostway and fasthost.co.uk?

Thanks[/quote]

Hi, this thread is about Martfox Internet Services. If you are looking for an other company, please open a new thread.

Thanks

This post is labelled “US and UK Webhosting”, not “Martfox Internet Services”. At the very least, please change the topic name.

Even then, I do not believe that threads exist for the exclusive purpose of you advertising your services. If people want to compare and contrast your offering with others, that seems appropriate.

These forums are not meant to be billboards and you benefit from the links in your signature in everyone of your posts, many of which seem to exist for the sole purpose of providing link bait.

Bob

I think, the behavior of some members on this forum is very awesome. We are member on other very known forums around the world and they have very clearly and human rules like this one:

“…You may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company without first hand experience of those products or services.

Negative comments are not allowed. For example, if you think the price is too high or the design isn’t good, leave it for other people to form their own opinions.”

That’s ok for me, but not ok if someone post comments without to know why is that so or not.

This thread should helps others in this forum who are looking for a hosting company, not deprecase.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]

“…You may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company without first hand experience of those products or services.

Negative comments are not allowed. For example, if you think the price is too high or the design isn’t good, leave it for other people to form their own opinions.

[/QUOTE]

And yet you had no compunction when posting the following (emphasis mine):

[QUOTE]We have several sites over the Europe, but 20 hours down time is strange! I can remember, the longest down time was 2 hours at the night regarding server maintenance.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showpost.php?p=65211&postcount=93[/url]

Did you have first-hand experience with this host? Did you know the circumstances of their problems? Your remark seemed belittling of a competitor and an advertisement for your services in an thread about something else entirely. If that is not the case, please explain how your remark was in the least bit helpful. Strange, indeed!

And I will say again: please do not use overly-broad topics and then try to censor what is discussed because you used said topic.

Bob

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Our price pro month for the package above is €34.60 by annual payment.

Monthly costs ca. $78.50 for a managed VPS.

EDIT:

I checked the offers of WiredTree. It seems to be a good prices for VPS anyway you forgotten add $12 because all our servers are LiteSpeeded as standard.

As I said we can’t make better offers for our VPS at the moment, but our shared servers price is one of the best on the web (Space, Bandwidth, Speed, Services, Price).[/QUOTE]

Indy,

Fair enough. Even if you add in the cost of a litespeed server your costs are still very high. And if you factor in no phone service then it becomes very hard to consider your plan.

Some of us consider 24 hour phone service by native English speakers essential I am part of this group. And yes this type of service is costly but you need to factor it into your business plan.

I do not mind your threads or posts at all and you are usually polite and a good sport when we make suggestions to you.

I will not make a comment on shared accounts because I agree with you - if you are not actively using a product it is not helpful to talk about it.