Urgent Help Wrong Customers Orders

Recenty upgraded the website and a customer emailed today saying when they log in and view their orders in "my account" they see another custmers orders and not their own

I assume it was when I imported the orders from old website to new (v 4.5.2 to v 4.11)

I had to import about 40 orders that were placed while upgrading

any advice as to what to do, as I am obvioulsy worried that other customers may have the same problem

thanks

John

How did you transfer user accounts?

I created the dev site by copying exisiting, then upgraded it over 2 days.., 2 days later I had it ready, then

exported USER Orders from old site
Exported user order items fromold site

I didnt do anything with user accounts this may be the problem ?

Some customers account now generate a 404 if trying to view them by clciking on the users regsitered name https://prnt.sc/24yy2ar

The users are exported without user ID. So after import they can have another ID. As a result, wrong orders can be displayed in their account

I have asekd CS cart helpdesk for an answer yesterday but am still waiting for a reply.

I have checked the dev sit ethat I upgraded from 4.52 - 4.11 and this is the same so during upgrade something has gotten mixed up I guess.

Maybe I can delete all orders from the 4 days so they cant be accidentally viewed

This is database overlap mixed with no users to associate it with. Typically you have to start over.. restore form backups when this happens as it is hard to unwind.

The users are exported without user ID. So after import they can have another ID. As a result, wrong orders can be displayed in their account

incredible that the User ID is not included in import/export functions.
Makes for issues like above and likely impossible to import customers and orders from other platforms as well

incredible that the User ID is not included in import/export functions.
Makes for issues like above and likely impossible to import customers and orders from other platforms as well

I agree, so how would/should we go about upgrading, Ive checked the dev store that I left for backup and that has the same problems, I didnt exort import anything to that, its as is it went wrong during upgrades

Very simple addon uytility to re-synch order emails setting new user_id's based on newly created user_id's.

Foreach order
  Lookup the email address in the users table.
  If it exists,
    change the order_data[user_id] to the users.user_id,
  else
    set order_data[user_id] to zero.
  Save the new order_data if it changed

Will also fix existing anonymous orders where the user has subsequently create an account.