Urg: Desperately seeking skin I uploaded :-)

Its been a while since I have done this and I am currently on the version in my signature (2.1.4).

I have created a new skin. Uploaded it to /mydomain/skins/skin_name

but am unable to see it in the drop down in the Skin Selector.

Should I put a copy of the skin in the var/skin repository too? Everything worked beautifully on my local dev VMachine.

Checked the manifest.ini - all is well. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

thanks for your help.

Cheers

I have had some weird errors when the manifest.ini was not writeable - i know its along shot, but not sure what else to suggest.

The skin should be uploaded to /var/skin_repository/yourskinname/

This should then show up in the admin template selection and once you install your skin from the admin, the necessary files will be copied to /skins/yourskinname/

[quote name='cmebd' timestamp='1369744317' post='162563']

Its been a while since I have done this and I am currently on the version in my signature (2.1.4).

I have created a new skin. Uploaded it to /mydomain/skins/skin_name

but am unable to see it in the drop down in the Skin Selector.

Should I put a copy of the skin in the var/skin repository too? Everything worked beautifully on my local dev VMachine.

Checked the manifest.ini - all is well. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

thanks for your help.

Cheers

[/quote]

You should put your skin into var/skin repository to be able to see it in the drop down list in admin

John

thanks a lot all - it worked - Once I re-uploaded and put it into the repository I could see it. Don't know why it didn't happen the first time.

But at least I had you to back me up…

Tks a lot.