Uploading images

I think I understand how to use IMPORT Images Main + Additional.

I successfully imported images links for existing products like this:

[QUOTE]Product code Pair type Thumbnail Detailed image

R-1005 M 1005_1.jpg 1005_1.jpg

R-1005 A 1005_2.jpg 1005_2.jpg

R-1014 M 1014.jpg 1014.jpg

R-1014 A 1014_1.jpg 1014_1.jpg

R-1014 A 1014_2.jpg 1014_2.jpg[/QUOTE]

But to what directory do I have to upload images in bulk:

/images/detailed?

/images/product?

/images/backup?

Is the same file used for thumbnail and for detailed?

Thanks

They can be anywhere as long as there is a path but the default is /images/backup/

Thanks Tool Outfitters!

I was looking for something too complicated!

What are these 2 directories made for?

[QUOTE]/Images/backup/products/

/Images/backup/detailed/[/QUOTE]

Inside each one, I can find copies of every pics found in: /images/backup

(4 time the same pics in the server?)

Deleting the 3 ones found in:

/images/backup/

/images/backup/detailed/

/images/backup/products/

does not (apparently) affect the shop functions.

I understand what backup means, but why do we need to keep copies in “products” and “detailed”?

Beside not understanding where images are stored, I am experimenting 2 more problems (bugs?).

Import Products will import both images Thumbnail + Detailed OK.

Using “Import Images” options is not working this good: (see post #1 for my CSV file structure)

a) it only displays Thumbnails for MAIN and also for ADDITTIONAL images. (no error message)

b) Performing “Import Images” again using same CSV file as first time, will create ADDITIONAL Images Pair. (Thumbnails only displayed).

This can be repeated many times. You end up with many identical thumbnails for same product.

[quote name=‘aerofan’]Thanks Tool Outfitters!

I was looking for something too complicated!

What are these 2 directories made for?

Inside each one, I can find copies of every pics found in: /images/backup

(4 time the same pics in the server?)

Deleting the 3 ones found in:

/images/backup/

/images/backup/detailed/

/images/backup/products/

does not (apparently) affect the shop functions.

I understand what backup means, but why do we need to keep copies in “products” and “detailed”?[/QUOTE]

You don’t need to keep them in there unless you just want them there for safe keeping. The images that are used for the site are in the other folders under /images/.

[QUOTE]Beside not understanding where images are stored, I am experimenting 2 more problems (bugs?).

Import Products will import both images Thumbnail + Detailed OK.

Using “Import Images” options is not working this good: (see post #1 for my CSV file structure)

a) it only displays Thumbnails for MAIN and also for ADDITTIONAL images. (no error message)

b) Performing “Import Images” again using same CSV file as first time, will create ADDITIONAL Images Pair. (Thumbnails only displayed).

This can be repeated many times. You end up with many identical thumbnails for same product.[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure what to tell you here? The import system has problems. I don’t use additional images but try to import the main images separate from the additional images and see what happens.

Thanks for your time and your help Tool Outfitters.

Using Import-Images :

Importing Main only: Thumb + Detailed → only Thumb displays

Importing Additional only: Thumb + Detailed → all Thumbs only displays

Reimporting same file again: creates additional Thumbs (the same as before) + all Thumbs only displays.

As a rookie, what is difficult is to make the difference between own created mistakes and bugs.

At this time it seems to me it is a bug.

Do CS-Cart people sometimes read these threads?

[quote name=‘aerofan’]Do CS-Cart people sometimes read these threads?[/QUOTE]

Very rarely.

Instead of importing thumbnails, try just importing the detailed image and let the software create the thumbnails. Make sure “Create Thumbnails” is checked in settings. I believe it is by default.?

Confirmed: [QUOTE]Automatic thumbnail creation is ENABLED[/QUOTE]

Using:

Import Images

Main + Additioanal

Detailed only

Shop result : No Tumb, no Detailed

Checking on the Admin side: General and Images remain blank

Using

Import Images

Main + Additioanal

Thumb + Detailed

Shop result : every Thumb show

Checking on the Admin side: General and Images: Every Thumb there, no Detailed

Thanks

Are you certain the path is correct? Since your file doesn’t include a path with the image then the software is trying to pull the images from /images/backup. I always include a path in my file with images: /home/******/public_html/images/backup/image_name.jpg. I’m not saying it won’t work your way, you just need the correct path.

Tried it this way:

Deleting every pics (thumbs + detailed)

IMPORT IMAGES

[QUOTE]/home/******/public_html/images/backup/image_name.jpg[/QUOTE]

• Path copied from the admin, ADMINISTATION/ Import datas / IMAGES / Image directory,
  • Concatenate with /image_name.jpg
  • Paste into CSV file

Tried to uploas once with only “Detailed” field filled in CSV; (“Thumb” field blank)

No change: no “Thumb” no “Detailed” displayed

Then filled both “Thumbnail” and “Detailed” fields:

No change (“Thumb” only is displaying)
  • Successive upload of the unmodified CSV file adds, on every upload, existing set of “Additional Thumbs”.

(i.e. after 3 uploads in a row, you end up with 3 sets of the same Thumb’s set)

Since it always uploaded Thumbnails correctly. I assume path is correct.

Using “IMPORT / PRODUCTS” always works OK.

When “Thumb” is same as “Detailed”, importing “Detailed” only is OK.

I require use of “Import Images” as I have additional images for every products.

Since you can import via products then the path is okay. I suppose this is another bug.?

Thanks a lot for helping.

I just submitted a ticket to CS-Cart.

Here is the answer:

[QUOTE]Thank you for the information you have given us.

It looks like a bug in the current CS-Cart version. Our engineers are working on it and we will contact you as soon as possible.

Please contact us again if we can help in any way.

Sincerely yours

Pavel Zyukin,

Technical support engineer[/QUOTE]

I need a fix asap, as manually uploading all these images is a horror to consider.

I have tried EVERYTHING posted on this forum, from full throttle 777 on directories and subdirectories, uploading images to diff folders, adding full paths to spreadsheet, etc etc etc.

Can’t upload images, but the data uploads just fine. So description of a necklace, just not he images.

Aaarrrggghhh, pls someone let me know the fix is done. And how to make this work.

Thanx

J