Upload big images

Hi all,

I would like to know if it is possible (in the multi vendor platform) to upload big images (i.e. 8 mega) in the new product creation tab.

I have tried with the DEMO and I have no answers back (seems like it crushed…)

Also, are the jpeg images compressed during the uploding phase?

I would need to upload a 8 mega jpeg image and see it in the product page (frontend) with about 200k…

Do you think it is possible?

Thanks a lot for you help,

piep

Hello piep,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, it is possible to upload an image of such size for a product, CS-Cart does not have limitations on size of an image uploaded. However, successful processing of the image uploading operation depends on server directives. Namely, the post_max_size and upload_max_filesize directives values (these values are set up in megabytes) should be set up according to your needs. If the uploading process takes too much time for some reason, you can also consider increasing the value of the max_execution_time directive (the value is set up in seconds).

For your instance, I just uploaded an image of 11Mb file size without any problem in my test CS-Cart installation.

As regards image compression, if you do not specify any values in the Detailed product image width and Detailed product image height text input fields on the Settings > Thumbnails page of your CS-Cart admin panel, a detailed image will be uploaded as is without being resized.

I hope I have managed to answer your questions.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team