Upgrading to V4.0.1

Has anyone successfully manually upgraded their stores to V4.0.1 ??

Any advice, hints, tricks, etc…

I haven't attempted it yet but you will need a lot of time and data base software such as Navicat.

Definitely understand that its going to take some time. Can't we just add a product to V4 download the structure and then match our V3 or V2 (in our case) exported file and basically create the file needed to be imported into V4… After talking with Cs-Team its not going to be until late August or September until import tool is out and then they are not going to support V2 to V4 import only V3 to V4…

So for V2 users, it’s better to wait for V4 import tool and it will be easier to upgrade to V3 first then use the import tool to upgrade to V4. Apply any custom template, mods or addons to V4 to be on edge again. :)

We never could get the import tool going to V3 to work in the first place… Always failed… Missing data etc… Only works for small stores…

[quote name='CarStickersDecals' timestamp='1374020622' post='165439']

Definitely understand that its going to take some time. Can't we just add a product to V4 download the structure and then match our V3 or V2 (in our case) exported file and basically create the file needed to be imported into V4… After talking with Cs-Team its not going to be until late August or September until import tool is out and then they are not going to support V2 to V4 import only V3 to V4…

[/quote]

Not really. There is data that you cannot import/export through admin.

Earlier posts from cs-cart said they would have a tool for 2.2.4 and 2.2.5. I asked the question in one of the 4.01 beta posts and that was the answer I got. Would like clarification from cs-cart. Getting conflicting information. I don't think I would upgrade to 3.06 and then upgrade to 4.01.

^Agreed. The promise was an import tool from 2.x versions to 4. Another option would be to wait (and pay) for Cart - 2 - Carts service.

Sure would be easier for a lot of us to be able to directly upgrade from V2.2.5 to V4 and not jump thru hoops…

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1374054304' post='165457']

Not really. There is data that you cannot import/export through admin.

[/quote]

Like reward points…!! This should be an option… We currently do it manually so we can email all our customers of current point standings… Really generates a lot of sales…