Upgrading From 2.1.1 To 4.2 - Which Method?

Hi All

I have a live shop using 2.1.1 which I can't close or take off-line.

So I have copied the whole store to another domain on my hosting (same server) at Media Temple.

My client has paid for the 2.1 to 4.2 upgraded software on the same lisence number.

BUT if I go to 'upgrade tab, in admin nothing shows as available. Is it because I have the site on the spare domian?

If I manage to get around this by asking CS team to allow 2 domains access, is this the best way to do this? Am I better to just load up a new copy of CS-Cart 4.2 and do a store import.

I read that the 2.1 to 2.2 tables are different to best to do that first, then go to 4.2. Personally I like the idea of a fresh install of 4.2 (no bugs coming accross, then do the store import. Does it work ok??

I have about 1000 products and really want to keep all the photos and text intact, and if possible the old client and order data.

Any help would be GREAT guys!

I don't think there is any upgrade path from 2.x to 4.x without creating a copy of your site in a subfolder and then doing the store import as described here:

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

You cannot do this on a separate domain–it has to be in a subfolder on the same domain as your live store for the store import tool to work.

Looks like your upgrade subscription has expired. Please contact CS-Cart support team and ask them to check it