Upgrading from 2.0.15 to 2.1.1 removes products

I'm trying to help a guy out by upgrading his store from 2.0.15 to 2.2.2 and along the way his products have stopped displaying on the category pages.

Some products do show. Products on the homepage are fine. Also some products in some of the categories are fine, but there are hundreds of products that aren't showing up.

I can see them in the admin, just not the customer side.

I've gone over the settings, but everything appears to be correct.

I think the problem is with the upgrade from 2.0.15 to 2.1.1.

This is on a dev site so it isn't live, but I'd sure like to figure it out.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Brandon

Just a little update on this, but no solution.

So I decided to do the upgrades a little differently.

Basically I installed a new 2.0.15 cart and put all of my products in there. Then I upgraded to 2.1.1. For some reason a lot of the products still aren't showing up.

When I'm not the product in the admin, if I go to Preview, I get a 404 error. If I Preview as the admin, I can see the product.

For the life of me, I can't figure this out.

The next step is to do a fresh install of 2.2.2 and then bring in all of my data, but that has it's own set of issues.

I'd just really like to know why these products aren't showing up when I upgrade from 2.0.15 to 2.1.1. It is super frustrating.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,

Brandon

[color=“#800080”][font=“Comic Sans MS”]Brandon…I am finding the exact same thing. I right click on the view product right from admin, and I get a 404. Another weird thing is with each product I put in a text field to tell the customer where it ships from, and in admin this info is right next to the name of the product in the column display of products in a category. On the product page itself (in admin) I get a drop down for the “Ships From”, and it shows one choice ON ALL being our store (which is correct for only for certain products), and the other is “Horns and Hoofs” ! WHERE DID THAT COME FROM !! :blink: My entire list of suppliers and customers are missing.

I am also trying to figure out why it won’t even send me to the category pages. I am upgrading in a test directory, but when I go to click on a category, I see it wants to send me to my main site in the main directory. I added the sub-directory to the local config.

One of the blocks on the home page, which shows active and should display new products, is not working.

This upgrade process is exasperating[/font][/color] :blink:

I have no idea why yall are going about the upgrade the way yall are. Are yall a glutton for punishment or what?

P.S. I am available for hire. :D :P

Wow Dawn, you have a lot more problems then me.

I've definitely done a few upgrades for both myself and others, but this is the first time I've seen this type of issue. Usually the upgrades go smooth, but this one is being a pain in the butt.

Maybe ole Tool has a better method than what I do? Might just be worth a PM to see if I can learn something new.

Thanks,

Brandon

[quote name=‘The Tool’ timestamp=‘1316461767’ post=‘121933’]

I have no idea why yall are going about the upgrade the way yall are. Are yall a glutton for punishment or what?

P.S. I am available for hire. :D :P

[/quote]

[color=“#800080”][font=“Comic Sans MS”]Yes Tool I guess we are :rolleyes: I understood when I bought this cart that upgrades were pretty simple and done right in admin. Boy was that a dream :rolleyes: I don’t know of any other way to go about it… I am not extremely tech oriented

My business is suffering terribly in this economy, so before I can make any assessments, can you kindly PM me with some idea on a quote for services rendered ?[/font][/color]

Hey,

Can you guys post the problem fixed here, other people can know what to do?

Thanks

Tom