Upgrading from 1.35 sp4 to 2.04 error

I have followed all the instructions for the database upgrade that I downloaded from my file area.

I have NO mods on my store.

www.myhost.com/upgrade135sp4-204.php

And this is what happens.

Status: Cleaning database . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Status: Restoring database . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The dots will continue through a few pages for about a minute or so then it just stops.

Then when I try to access the store I get this

Database error: Unknown column ‘area’ in ‘where clause’ (1054)

Invalid query: SELECT * FROM cscart_sessions WHERE session_id = ‘nknn9886qtbj5p7bfrmjp25n25’ AND area = ‘C’

Backtrace:

File: /home/content/c/u/t/cutritefx/html/store2/core/fn.database.php

Line: 233

Function: db_error

File: /home/content/c/u/t/cutritefx/html/store2/core/fn.database.php

Line: 81

Function: db_query

File: /home/content/c/u/t/cutritefx/html/store2/core/class.session.php

Line: 44

Function: db_get_row

Line: 235

Function: read

Line: 266

Function: start

File: /home/content/c/u/t/cutritefx/html/store2/init.php

Line: 106

Function: require

File: /home/content/c/u/t/cutritefx/html/store2/index.php

Line: 22

Function: require

Now that 2.05 is out. I updated to this version and tried again and ended up with the same thing.

Went back into 1.35 and removed the images from database and then

deleted the 2.05 database and then downgraded the SQL to 4.1 instead of using 5.0. Installed and tried to to update and still same thing.

Im getting the same error msg, any ideas anyone on how to fix this?

thanks

dht

Same to me!

I am still looking. If I find out how to fix I will post.

Hi,

I’ve been looking into this issue abit more and after abit of work I’ve managed to upgrade to 2.05

What i did to fix this was go to admin panel > administration > Currencies then made US Dollars & Euros available aswell as GB pound. As i live in the UK and only sell (at the mo) in the UK i only have GB pound available.

Anyway, once I’d made these currencies available, I just backed up the database from the admin panel as normal (as it says to do in the update script instructions). Then when i ran upgrade135sp4-204.php - it worked first time - no errors :wink:

At last I’ve managed to upgrade.

Hope this helps anyone else in the same situation as me.:smiley:

dht

[quote name=‘dht’]Hi,

I’ve been looking into this issue abit more and after abit of work I’ve managed to upgrade to 2.05

What i did to fix this was go to admin panel > administration > Currencies then made US Dollars & Euros available aswell as GB pound. As i live in the UK and only sell (at the mo) in the UK i only have GB pound available.

Anyway, once I’d made these currencies available, I just backed up the database from the admin panel as normal (as it says to do in the update script instructions). Then when i ran upgrade135sp4-204.php - it worked first time - no errors :wink:

At last I’ve managed to upgrade.

Hope this helps anyone else in the same situation as me.:smiley:

dht[/QUOTE]

Use the way, not work for me

I did the same thing. Went to the admin and Currencies and added the other eur gbp and us was already there. Exported DB as required by the upgrade and still go the same thing. maybe you have all the languages selected too? I don’t and can’t add them back with out doing a new install.

Ok here is where I am at.

I removed the new database.

I removed the cscart2 directory.

Backed up my current database as instructed and moved it to the new folder.

Re downloaded 2.05 and uploaded to site and recreated a new database.

started the normal install and changed directory permissions as instructed.

Since my store only has English I did not select any additional languages or demo data and left the default skin during the install.

Ran the upgrade script and it ran for about 10 minutes as my database was just under 40 megs.

It seems that everything has been transferred over. I am going through the store now to check it out.