Upgrading Cs Cart 2.2 To Php 5.4 Successfully

I’ve finally upgraded CS Cart 2.2 to work with PHP 5.4

Step 1: Download the latest Smarty 2.X version

Step 2: replace with them the content of lib/templater

Step 3: Rename in lib/templater/Smarty.class.php the function “display” to “displaySmarty”

Step 4: Rename the call in core/class.templater.php inside function “display” rename “parent::display” to “parent::displaySmarty”

Step 5: For resolve forms not showing fields, in addons/form_builder/func.php change function defitinion from

fn_form_builder_get_page_data($page_data)

to

fn_form_builder_get_page_data(&$page_data)

All done !!!

My question was going to be:

“Does cscart v2.1.4 work on PHP 5.4 (or even 5.6)?”

Since such modifications have been needed for v2.2.x to run on PHP 5.4, then I guess my question is answered… ?

That is… CSCart v2.1.x will NOT run on PHP 5.4 or later.

Ive implemented all the changes listed above to attempt to make compatible with PHP54

Updated Smarty to v2.6.29. and made the other changes as listed above, to our v2.1.4 cart.

The Storefront seems to be working and the error is gone:

Error was:
Strict Standards: Declaration of Templater::display() should be compatible with Smarty::display($resource_name, $cache_id = NULL, $compile_id = NULL) in /home/onwirele/public_html/3G/core/class.templater.php on line 28

However, as soon as I uploaded the smarty files and cleared tha caches, the back-end stopped working with the following Fatal error:

Smarty error: [in main.tpl line 68]: [plugin] modifier 'fn_revisions_is_active' is not implemented (core.load_plugins.php, line 118) in /home/onwirele/public_html/3G/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1094

Has anyone else had this issue?

Any help greatly appreciated.