Upgrade Time

I am currently upgrading from 2.0.14 to 2.0.15 with 36,000 products. I have now waited over an hour for it to complete. Should it take this long or longer?

Thanks,

Chris

[quote name=‘Offline’]I am currently upgrading from 2.0.14 to 2.0.15 with 36,000 products. I have now waited over an hour for it to complete. Should it take this long or longer?

Thanks,

Chris[/QUOTE]

That’s a lot of products! Did it ever finish?

[quote name=‘Offline’]I am currently upgrading from 2.0.14 to 2.0.15 with 36,000 products. I have now waited over an hour for it to complete. Should it take this long or longer?

Thanks,

Chris[/QUOTE]

No. Number of products has nothing to do with it. Internet connection, server configuration, memory are my bets.

Well I waited over 2 hours and finally killed the upgrade. How long did it take anyone else to go from 2.0.14 to 2.0.15?

My server is Dual Quad Core with 4G Ram and 15K Drives, should be plenty fast enough.

[quote name=‘Offline’]Well I waited over 2 hours and finally killed the upgrade. How long did it take anyone else to go from 2.0.14 to 2.0.15?

My server is Dual Quad Core with 4G Ram and 15K Drives, should be plenty fast enough.[/QUOTE]

On local pc 4gb ram 3ghz dual core 20mbit 4k+ products took few minutes

36,000 products means 36,000 files to copy from /images/backup/ to /var/upgrade/backup/images/backup

Yes - This will take hours depending on your server environment and configuration. The irony is that it will never finish if the server doesn’t have any room available or your account is limited.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]36,000 products means 36,000 files to copy from /images/backup/ to /var/upgrade/backup/images/backup

Yes - This will take hours depending on your server environment and configuration. The irony is that it will never finish if the server doesn’t have any room available or your account is limited.[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ. It takes me maybe 5-10 minutes to upgrade my site (with 25000 products), less replacing mods.