Upgrade problems 2.2.4 to 3.0.6

Hi,

we are currently running on cs cart version 2.2.4, have 15000+ customers, 1300+ products and 1.3gb database.

We have successfully upgraded to 3.0.6 through store import addon on test domain with out stats data (our database size is around 1.3gb). We want to rework / customise the layout and it is going to take another 2 weeks. How to upgrade these 2 weeks data?

Is there any database upgrade tool to transfer only orders, customers and stats? Which is the best way to do it?

Many thanks.

I have the same question. We plan to import everything to the new store (3.0.6) and customize for the new layout. Before we switch the live store from 2.2.4, is it possible to just import selected tables containing new orders, customers records? Probably using Admin>database>restore?

thanks!1

[quote name='buging' timestamp='1367815814' post='161303']Probably using Admin>database>restore?[/quote]

[size=8]Hell No.[/size]

There is not an import tool that will selectively import new data, post-import.

'restoring' selected tables is going to mash up the matrices between them, association between orders, users and ultimately blow the place to hell. The only real choice at this time is to schedule downtime for 4-8 hours before completing the upgrade, otherwise you will lose customers, orders, and ultimately money.

Haha, I also strongly advice you to wait for version 4, coming in June. Otherwise you'll have to do the whole shabang again!

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1367818624' post='161307']

Haha, I also strongly advice you to wait for version 4, coming in June. Otherwise you'll have to do the whole shabang again!

[/quote]

The June release will be half baked. I'd go ahead and upgrade to 3.x now and upgrade to 4.x later in the year when more of the bugs are worked out.

[quote][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]we are currently running on cs cart version 2.2.4[/font][/color][/quote]

For now, upgrade to 2.2.5 which is a no-brainer and quite painless. Then, sit tight and hold out your upgrade / re-design procedures until some time after version 4 has been officially released (you decide when to pull the trigger based upon user response).

To upgrade to version 3.0.6 at this time (considering version 4 is right around the corner) will do nothing more than create a substantial amount of extra work with little gain…

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1367838616' post='161326']

The June release will be half baked. I'd go ahead and upgrade to 3.x now and upgrade to 4.x later in the year when more of the bugs are worked out.

[/quote]

[quote name='Struck' timestamp='1367865251' post='161349']

To upgrade to version 3.0.6 at this time (considering version 4 is right around the corner) will do nothing more than create a substantial amount of extra work with little gain…

[/quote]

The june version might be half baked, but so is cs-3. At least 2.25 or 2.26 work pretty swell (much faster than version 3!) and 4 is looking very good. So i'm totally with Struck on this one.

I wonder, could we call cs-cart 3 cs's Vista?

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1367818405' post='161306']

[size=8]Hell No.[/size]

There is not an import tool that will selectively import new data, post-import.

'restoring' selected tables is going to mash up the matrices between them, association between orders, users and ultimately blow the place to hell. The only real choice at this time is to schedule downtime for 4-8 hours before completing the upgrade, otherwise you will lose customers, orders, and ultimately money.

[/quote]

ouch! i thought so…thanks for the reply. but i'll need more than 4-8 hours. any other workaround? I'll need atleast 3 days to work on the new version while keeping the old site live.

[quote name=‘buging’ timestamp=‘1367996058’ post=‘161474’]

ouch! i thought so…thanks for the reply. but i’ll need more than 4-8 hours. any other workaround? I’ll need atleast 3 days to work on the new version while keeping the old site live.

[/quote]

Hopefully the CS-Cart developers will take this scenario into account when designing the Version 4.x Store Importer tool allowing for multiple selective data imports of additional customers and orders acquired “during” the final re-configuration / design process! A lot of subsequent activity prior to actually going live can occur over the course of a few days (or even a few hours or minutes for the big-hitters stores like Flow or Jesse manage!) 8)