upgrade - is not clear a passage

1. Make a clean (!) installation of CS-Cart 2.0.8 using a new database in a separate directory on your server. Do not make any database changes in this CS-Cart as they will be lost.

my shop is root.

I have to create a new folder and transfer all the files in this new installation?

the file

upgrade135sp4-208.php

change_structure.sql

update_descriptions.sql

update_vars.sql

must be copied to the folder that I created, or where is the store (in my case is installed in the root)?

thanks

You cannot upgrade directly from 135 sp4 to 2.0.8 so in order to upgrade you have to do it in a new directory and later after everything is working correctly, transfer the 2.0.8 version to the root directory. You will make changes in the config.local.php file of the 2.0.8 version to reflect moving it to the root.

So make a new directory called ‘whatever you want to name it’ and upload the 2.0.8 version to it. Then copy the:

upgrade135sp4-208.php

change_structure.sql

update_descriptions.sql

update_vars.sq

to the root directory (or 1.3.5 sp4) installation. Make sure your images for the 1.3.5 sp4 installation are in the database and not the file system.

Follow the rest of the instructions.

[quote name=‘roban’]You cannot upgrade directly from 135 sp4 to 2.0.8 so in order to upgrade you have to do it in a new directory and later after everything is working correctly, transfer the 2.0.8 version to the root directory. You will make changes in the config.local.php file of the 2.0.8 version to reflect moving it to the root.

So make a new directory called ‘whatever you want to name it’ and upload the 2.0.8 version to it. Then copy the:

upgrade135sp4-208.php

change_structure.sql

update_descriptions.sql

update_vars.sq

to the root directory (or 1.3.5 sp4) installation. Make sure your images for the 1.3.5 sp4 installation are in the database and not the file system.

Follow the rest of the instructions.[/QUOTE]

but i [COLOR=“Red”]upload only file[/COLOR] 2.0.8 version in the new directory and not run install.php?

thanks

[quote name=‘roban’]You cannot upgrade directly from 135 sp4 to 2.0.8 so in order to upgrade you have to do it in a new directory and later after everything is working correctly, transfer the 2.0.8 version to the root directory. You will make changes in the config.local.php file of the 2.0.8 version to reflect moving it to the root.

upgrade135sp4-208.php

change_structure.sql

update_descriptions.sql

update_vars.sq

Follow the rest of the instructions.[/QUOTE]

but i [COLOR=“Red”]upload only file[/COLOR] 2.0.8 version, and file for upgrade in the new directory and not run install.php?

thanks

ok,

i have run newfolder/upgrade135sp4-208.php

and show this message

Database error: Table ‘.cscart_stat_search_robots’ doesn’t exist (1146)

Invalid query: ALTER TABLE cscart_stat_search_robots CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8;

did you ever get a fix to the database error? Im getting the same one.

cheers

Scott