Upgrade from 1.35 to 2.X

I decided that I would attempt to make the dive to Version 2.x after running 1.35 for years!..

IS there a script out there to have this done painlessly ?

[quote name=‘giftedwon’]I decided that I would attempt to make the dive to Version 2.x after running 1.35 for years!..

IS there a script out there to have this done painlessly ?[/QUOTE]

Hi,

There is a script to convert to 2.08

This is what I done,

Downloaded the entire webaccount and ran mamp pro on my mac to set up a virtual hosting environment,

I set up a copy of my 1.35sp4 store and changed all the images to use the database method rather than file system

I then used cscart to back up the sql file as a dump

I then created a new setup installing 2.08 on a virtual host,

I copied the upgrade script to the V2 account and ran the script,

I came back a while later and upgraded the website step by step 2.09, 2.010 etc

all the way to the latest 2.1

I then created my skin and saved the skin separately

I then done the entire process when the store was closed as the skin took a few days to perfect, and uploaded the v2 files on to the server

Make sure you back up everything incase you mess anything

Stephen

We just upgraded from 1.35 to 2.1 The upgrade tool that goes to 2.08 and then trying to get from 2.08 to 2.1 in my opinion is near impossible. Unless you have never made a change and are using a completely stock unmodified cart.

What I did and it worked great and only took a day was use the carts built in export feature on 1.35 includes products users etc as separate exports, then import into 2.1. I was amazed that it worked as good as it did. It even took the manufacturers from 1.35 and put them in as an extended feature in 2.1

I feel that this leaves us with a good clean fresh install of 2.1. May be worth looking at for your situation.

Scott

here is our new site, secondascent.com

[quote name=‘giftedwon’]I decided that I would attempt to make the dive to Version 2.x after running 1.35 for years!..

IS there a script out there to have this done painlessly ?[/QUOTE]

I have been using the 1.3.5 version for years, it works fine for 4 sites. I am thinking to change the cart to 2 version but:

1. What I see with version 2.xx and especially 2.1 - this is not stable, there are very much bugs. So I am playing with it at my localhost and I am waiting for more or less reliable version.

2. I have some modifications with 1.3.5, paid and self made, it would be quite costly to transfer them (actually to make new) into 2.xx version.

In spite this I think that it worths to make upgrade, thank you, srm110 and djstevie84, for sharing your experience.

my main issue would be Search engine placement. Do you loose your position after you upgrade ?

[quote name=‘giftedwon’]my main issue would be Search engine placement. Do you loose your position after you upgrade ?[/quote]

all of it.

I believe there’s someone who offers 1.3.5 to the latest 2.0 release upgrades in a seemless manner. I can’t remember if it’s sno or not.

[quote name=‘gginorio’]I believe there’s someone who offers 1.3.5 to the latest 2.0 release upgrades in a seemless manner. I can’t remember if it’s sno or not.[/quote]

I upgrade stores from any version, (I’m backlogged at the moment thought)

Moving from 1.3.5spx to 2.0.15 means new url’s and dispatch variable changes.

[quote name=‘giftedwon’] my main issue would be Search engine placement.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you for informing, this is very important to know.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]

Moving from 1.3.5spx to 2.0.15 means new url’s and dispatch variable changes.[/QUOTE]

If names of categories and SEO of products are the same why URLs should be changed?

[quote name=‘tmv’]Thank you for informing, this is very important to know.

If names of categories and SEO of products are the same why URLs should be changed?[/quote]

Site News Example:

1.3.5sp4

http://www.domain.com/index.php?[COLOR=Red]target[/COLOR]=news&news_id=172.0.15

http://www.domain.com/index.php?[COLOR=Red]dispatch[/COLOR]=news[COLOR=Red].view[/COLOR]&news_id=17

It’s not necessarily the categories or product pages that cause the most issues, it’s the ‘unoptimized’ form that they use. Using 1.3.5 SEO formats is nowhere near as optimized as 2.0.15 formats. You can decided to keep the URL formats however I find that Google reviews the amount of 404’s produced and makes ranking based upon that. Changing all URLs and submitting a sitemap for an established website means approximately two weeks away the new urls have all been indexed.

I can provide services which ensure that the old urls are forwarded etc however most people prefer just to have two weeks of new google crawling than have it appear as ‘still’ working.

Oh yea I love upgrading cs-cart sites, a pot of coffee and a bag of popcorn and I’m in…

Trying to move all image to the database so I can upgrade to 2.x from 1.3.5 sp2 but keep getting this error?

Any help would be very much appreciated

Moving images
.....................................................................................................................................................
......................................................................................................................................................
......................................................................................................................................................
.............................................................................................................................

Database error: 1054 : Unknown column 'image_id' in 'field list'
Invalid query: SELECT image_id, image_path FROM zp_images

Backtrace:
File: /homepages/27/d151825161/htdocs/bgmuknew/bgmuk/go.php
Line: 79
Function: include
File: /homepages/27/d151825161/htdocs/bgmuknew/bgmuk/targets/settings.php
Line: 35
File: /homepages/27/d151825161/htdocs/bgmuknew/bgmuk/include/admin/settings.php
Line: 105
File: /homepages/27/d151825161/htdocs/bgmuknew/bgmuk/include/admin/settings_scripts/images_location.php
Line: 50
Function: db_get_array
File: /homepages/27/d151825161/htdocs/bgmuknew/bgmuk/core/fn_database.php
Line: 42
Function: db_query
File: /homepages/27/d151825161/htdocs/bgmuknew/bgmuk/core/db_mysql.php
Line: 94
Function: db_debug_error

[quote name=‘srm110’]We just upgraded from 1.35 to 2.1 The upgrade tool that goes to 2.08 and then trying to get from 2.08 to 2.1 in my opinion is near impossible. Unless you have never made a change and are using a completely stock unmodified cart.

What I did and it worked great and only took a day was use the carts built in export feature on 1.35 includes products users etc as separate exports, then import into 2.1. I was amazed that it worked as good as it did. It even took the manufacturers from 1.35 and put them in as an extended feature in 2.1

I feel that this leaves us with a good clean fresh install of 2.1. May be worth looking at for your situation.

Scott

here is our new site, secondascent.com[/QUOTE]

HI Scott can you please tell me how maped Manufacturers

because on my old shopping card I have Product features that I use as Condtion and I can not get those field work Please advice thank you

We had the manufacturer addon with 1.35sp4 so in admin>export>products we had manufacturers as an exported field choice. When we did the import on 2.1 it added the manufacturer in the proper field automatically, I was surprised.

Sorry wish I could be more help.

Scott

[quote name=‘srm110’]We had the manufacturer addon with 1.35sp4 so in admin>export>products we had manufacturers as an exported field choice. When we did the import on 2.1 it added the manufacturer in the proper field automatically, I was surprised.

Sorry wish I could be more help.

Scott[/QUOTE]

I have that option… I can export those filed but Only time i have problem is maping them to correct field on 2.1 since on 2.1 its goes under product feature * on 1.35sp2 We use product feature is Condition column for export let me know if you can give me little more details thank you