Upgrade from 1.3.5-sp4

Okay I have a few weeks where our site will slow down and want to upgrade from 1.3.5-sp4 to 2.0.# Last time I tried to upgrade we had a hell of a time and problems everywhere… is the process better now than 12 month’s ago? Are there many advantages in upgrading to version 2#?

Cheers,

Alan

From what I can see so far, I’m staying put. There are still a lot of bugs to be worked out and upgrading can be a nightmare. It seems like each new version that comes out every month or so has more bugs to be fixed.

I’m staying put for now.

I have had no problems with my site after upgrading to 2.0.10 from 1.3.4 sp4 and I am glad that I did. The latest version offers much more functionality in the areas of design and administrative usability. 1.3.4 sp4 functioned well and I could have stayed with it as you can but the advantages of using the block system and the front end customer experience make the version 2 a much better choice IMHO.

When I read posts from other members detailing problems they have had with upgrading I often wonder if it’s user frailty that causes these problems because I have upgraded many of my client’s stores as well in little more than an hour or less.

Hello Roban,

Can you please comment on what specifications on server are you using for your vitaminlink.net site ?

[quote name=‘moka’]From what I can see so far, I’m staying put. There are still a lot of bugs to be worked out and upgrading can be a nightmare. It seems like each new version that comes out every month or so has more bugs to be fixed.

I’m staying put for now.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was stressful going to the new cs-cart software. I hired JesseLeeStringer and he did a great job and stayed on task until everything was completed.

I tried but when I try to backup the database from 1.3.5.sp4 it doesn’t save anything… I am going through the DB Backup/Restore section of admin like the readme.txt file tells you to do… Any idea’s??

Alan