I’m wanting to upgrade from 1.3.5 SP2 to 2.0.4, but I’m dreading it. I can’t believe they make it this difficult to upgrade, but I digress.
Here is the plan I was thinking. Any recommendations?
- Make a copy of 1.3.5 SP2 store in another directory on same server.
- Upgrade copy to 1.3.5 SP4.
- Install 2.0.4 in another directory on same server.
- Run upgrade script (not sure where the instructions are for that).
- Does this plan look ok? Am I missing anything?
- Any idea how I would easily get the data from the 1.3.5 SP2 store in between the time I make a copy of 1.3.5 SP2 and go live on 2.0.4?
Sorry, I can’t be more help, but I’m in the same boat you are. I found your post while doing my research on how to upgrade.
Here’s an alternative, you might consider. I’m considering it myself
I found this at the bottom of this page:
CS-Cart offers an upgrade service for your modified CS-Cart store up to the latest version. Our specialists will examine the amount of work necessary for resolving the conflicts during your store upgrade and estimate its cost.
In most cases, our service cost varies from USD 100 to USD 200, depending on the quantity of the changes in your store. Please note, that some modifications can require full manual transfer to the latest version, which can increase the total cost of our upgrade service.
If the modifications were made by our specialists as Custom Development Services, then the upgrade cost will be from 20% of its initial cost, depending on the difficulty of the required manual work.