Upgrade Error...help!

I decided it was time to upgrade cs-cart to 2.2.2 tonight. I was using version 2.1.4.

When upgrading to version 2.2.1 first, it got hung up on “Creating table: cscart_storage_data” (for about 15 mins.) So I decided to go back and retry it (I didn't know what else to do). But when I reclicked the “continue” button, it won't let me upgrade.

When I refreshed, I had the new Admin panel design, and it says I'm running 2.2.1. (I don't know how that's possible if I interrupted the install process, but anyway). When I click on “Install” to install 2.2.2. it says “Unfortunately, your subscription to CS-Cart software is over!”…I just renewed it in May for 1 year!

Sigh…somebody please help me. I have no idea what damage this update termination did to my website.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. The restore link isn't working either.

It also says in a pop-up “bar” at the top: Error Another upgrade process is running" everytime I log in to the admin. I've tried refreshing cache.

If you interrupted the upgrade then RESTORE YOUR SITE and then try again. You can't expect it to know where you stopped and to start there again…

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1314850964' post='120751']

If you interrupted the upgrade then RESTORE YOUR SITE and then try again. You can't expect it to know where you stopped and to start there again…

[/quote]

I was suddenly able to upgrade to 2.2.2 this morning (as if it upgraded the rest in the background or something), but now everything is in basic HTML (both admin and storefront) I can't do a restore, cause it gives me this error.

[attachment=4505:restore_error.jpg]

Even if I modify the permissions to 755 to that restore folder, it doesn't work.

restore_error.jpg

I also have a similar problem…

I tried to upgrade via the admin panel…

After the “upgrade” it was still saying that there is an upgrade available and when I was clicking to upgrade it was saying "no upgrade available "…

The real problem is that the admin panel looks bad… the menu looks terrible… like it is plain html with a big blue background…

I reverted the old files and now looks ok…

Is there any other way to upgrade it safely?

Thanks!

What you experienced is quite normal. The “upgrade is available” is “sticky”. Just click the X in the box and it will go away.

Clear your browser cache (as discussed in numerous other threads related to the upgrade) and your admin will magically appear correctly.

It worked for me! Thanks! :D

I feel kind of release that I am not alone having this problem, and cs-cart it is saying that your hosting which I am using siteGround it is not supporting. this commend.

I contacted siteGround they saying that is not correct. I am really upset, everybody blaming somebody else. And now they asking me I have to purchase support ticket in order to fix this issue.

Any suggestion, I am kind start doubting about cs-cart support. something it is not right. I don't mind spend $25.00 on the support to fix this, the problem is like I throwing dart at dark. my licence is uptodate too.

What you guys thinking.

Thank you,

[quote name='albert@officeuniversal.co' timestamp='1314979236' post='120860']

I feel kind of release that I am not alone having this problem, and cs-cart it is saying that your hosting which I am using siteGround it is not supporting. this commend.

I contacted siteGround they saying that is not correct. I am really upset, everybody blaming somebody else. And now they asking me I have to purchase support ticket in order to fix this issue.

Any suggestion, I am kind start doubting about cs-cart support. something it is not right. I don't mind spend $25.00 on the support to fix this, the problem is like I throwing dart at dark. my licence is uptodate too.

What you guys thinking.

Thank you,

[/quote]

I have fixed the issue. CS-Cart have been really helpful when contacting them about this issue. I am also using siteground (since they support CS-Cart). They told me to change the line in the .htaccess file in the “lib” and “skins” folder from this:

to this:

Another post suggested the “skins” and “images” folder, but that didn't work for me. Try this out…hopefully it works for you!

[quote name='fishtail' timestamp='1314980910' post='120863']

I have fixed the issue. CS-Cart have been really helpful when contacting them about this issue. I am also using siteground (since they support CS-Cart). They told me to change the line in the .htaccess file in the “lib” and “skins” folder from this:

to this:

Another post suggested the “skins” and “images” folder, but that didn't work for me. Try this out…hopefully it works for you!

[/quote]

Thank you for your help I got a help from them too, saying only the lib, but looks like the skins was the problem too.

Thank you cs-cart support too.

[quote name='albertpro' timestamp='1314995980' post='120872']

Thank you for your help I got a help from them too, saying only the lib, but looks like the skins was the problem too.

Thank you cs-cart support too.

[/quote]

Do I make these changes before upgrading or right after I upgrade my shop?

Thanks