Upgrade cost

Did the cost for license upgrade quietly skyrocket or am I just seeing things? A couple of weeks ago it was $85, now it's $135?

Prices went up on everything end of summer. The increase in the Upgrade fee seems a bit excessive. If they were smart, they'd keep the rate constant at whatever the rate was when you purchased the license. But they didn't. Must be short on cash.

Yeah that's right. I could understand a $10-$15 dollar but smacking a $50 increase on a mere upgrade is steep.

[quote name='innervision' timestamp='1359097240' post='153616']

Yeah that's right. I could understand a $10-$15 dollar but smacking a $50 increase on a mere upgrade is steep.

[/quote]

I can't see written anywhere in the present or past upgrade policy that the upgrade fee is subject to price increases.

Resources :: Upgrade Policy

I don't think increasing the yearly upgrade fee from $50 to $85 is very fair to current licence holders without some words like “the upgrade fee is subject to price increases” in the policy.

I do notice in the policy that cs-cart still honors early licence holders:

This upgrade policy does not apply to licenses bought before June 16, 2008. In this case, you will retain free access to all new versions and updates.

A concession to existing licence holders who were not informed in the policy at the time they purchased cs-cart would be appreciated

Wait isn't license upgrade like $49 if you renew before the upgrade expire?

[quote name='tom437' timestamp='1359119910' post='153654']

Wait isn't license upgrade like $49 if you renew before the upgrade expire?

[/quote]

Only if you wait a few weeks prior to the ending of said subscription

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1359150832' post='153683']

Only if you wait a few weeks prior to the ending of said subscription

[/quote]

I have cs-cart Professional, my issue date is Jan 24, 2011.

I upgraded on Feb 21, 2012 for $49

My current upgrade subscription status is: Upgrades available up to Feb 21, 3013

When I went to make a payment on Jan 25, 2013 the amount is for $85

Looks like the upgrade fee is going to be $85

Yep, it's called a price increase of about 60%.