Upgrade Centre 2.0.3 -> 2.0.4 File Permission

Hey,

I’ve just used the Upgrade Centre to update to the latest version (2.0.3 → 2.0.4) however, now all I get on both the admin and storefront is “A file permissions error has occurred. Please check the permissions on the script and the directory it is in and try again.”

Does anybody know why am getting this, it was all fine until it installed the update.

Any Help would be great!

Similar situation.

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]IE8:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][QUOTE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]500 - Internal Server Error[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]This is a temporary server error. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Please try to reload the webpage later. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]If you are the webmaster of this site please log in to Cpanel and check the Error Logs. You will find the exact reason for this error there.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Common reasons for this error are:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Incorrect file/directory permissions: Above 755. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]In order files to be processed by the webserver, their permissions have to be equal or below 755. You can update file permissions with a FTP client or through cPanel’s File Manager.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Incorrect Apache directives inside .htaccess file. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Make sure you have not specified unsupported directives inside the local .htaccess file. Such include PHP settings and Apache module settings. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][/QUOTE][/SIZE]

From CPanel log:

[QUOTE]

[2009-05-25 09:41:26]: error: file is writable by others: (/home/xxx/public_html/store/admin.php)

[Mon May 25 09:41:26 2009] [error] [client 69.112.xx.xxx] Premature end of script headers: /home/xxx/public_html/store/admin.php

[/QUOTE]

I just had this problem. I checked permissions on the files in the root of my site and noticed most were set to 777. Setting them to 755 seems to have solved the problem.

The files in the root directory of CS-Cart on my server are all set to 644 except for index.php and admin.php which are 666. These permissions should allow things to work properly.

I changed them all to 755 and now my storefront works but the admin.php just displays a white screen. hmmm…

If I change them to 644 or 666 I get a file permission error again.

I changed permissions to 755 and now storefront and admin work.

How can I make sure that upgrade done correctly/complete now?

Found my problem I have a custom admin template I needed to update some change’s on that. Thanks for the help!