Upgrade 1.3.5 to 2.08 problem.. transfer images into database

Hello,

We are trying upgrading our shop 1.3.5 SP4 to 2.0.8.

So we are following the steps in the upgrade instructions.

Unfortunately it is already going wrong by step 2:( : Transferring the images into the database. We got the following error:

[HTML]Moving images

Database error: 2006 : MySQL server has gone away

Invalid query: SELECT session_id FROM cscart_sessions WHERE session_id=‘91f616c1ead7cdd2280343bdf31a2e17’ AND expiry>‘1259849906’

Backtrace:

File:

Line:

Function: sess_save

File: C:\wamp\www\oud\core\sessions.php

Line: 168

Function: _write

File: C:\wamp\www\oud\core\sessions.php

Line: 115

Function: db_get_field

File: C:\wamp\www\oud\core\fn_database.php

Line: 92

Function: db_query

File: C:\wamp\www\oud\core\db_mysql41.php

Line: 72

Function: db_debug_error[/HTML]

Anybody got an idea to solving this issue?

Thanks in advance!:slight_smile:

To be honest with you, stick with 1.3.5 as 2.0.#, have too many bugs and upgrade issues.

Have a trawl round the forum re the upgrade issues.

Stay where you are for now.

Thanks for you reply,

We were planning to use 2.0.8 only for the upgrade from 1.3.5. If that is done we would upgrade to 2.0.10… (by the way we are still not going definitive to the new version)

Anyway this error never mentions in this forum, so i am the only one who got this error…

Anybody else a solution?

[QUOTE]MySQL server has gone away[/QUOTE]

Start by doing a google search for that phrase. You may need to temporarily increase the resources available on your MySql server to complete that step.

[quote name=‘Struck’]Start by doing a google search for that phrase. You may need to temporarily increase the resources available on your MySql server to complete that step.[/QUOTE]

I increased the max_packet_size, and now its working fine…:smiley:

Thanks for your support!

Glad to hear!

hey dennis,

gud to see that max packet size option helped you. I am also facing exact same problem for my sql run away.

I have tried to set max_packet_size to 80M, restarted mysql server. Moving image screen worked for a while (seen many dotes that before this setting :P), but suddenly it stopped and nothing happened, no error, no redirection.

I have checked images are still in filesystem, and setting has also not been changed.

So can you please tell me how much size you set for max_packet_size. My site’s detailed images size is around 1.25 gb and product_images size is around 600 MB.

Looking forward for your help. Thanks,

Vinic

For that much data, it’s going to be one hell of a wait.

I’m hoping you’ve got a dedicated server for that much processing

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]For that much data, it’s going to be one hell of a wait.

I’m hoping you’ve got a dedicated server for that much processing[/QUOTE]

For live site we are using rackspace cloud hosting and performance is quite gud.

I am doing all this upgrade process on localhost. I have noticed after “Moving Images” screen stopped, now i am also not able to login in admin panel.

Now clue less what to do next.

My local system configuration -

Processor - Intel P8700 2.53 GHz

Ram - 3 GB

HD - 180 GB

Windows Vista

Running on XAMPP

Can anyone please guide what to do next.

Hi,

I thought that starting with 2.0 all images are stored in the file system and can’t be stored in the database. I saw this in a previous post and also do not see in 2.010 any admin controls to select database or file system, so all images are now stored in the file system. If you had the images in the database prior to 2.0, the upgrade is moving them to the file system folder.

Bob

Thanks for your reply Bob,

[quote name=‘pbannette’]

If you had the images in the database prior to 2.0, the upgrade is moving them to the file system folder.

Bob[/QUOTE]

I know 2.x don’t store images in database, but I am using images in file system in 1.3.5. and as per upgrade instruction [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation images should be in database before starting upgrade. So i am stucked on this stage.

I have checked “moving images script” and tried to trace things, and found that it is moving images in set of 150 images, so as per this when moving images script stopped it had already processed around 1800 detailed images & deleted from filesystem too.

Moving images
.....................................................................................................................................................
......................................................................................................................................................
......................................................................................................................................................
......................................................................................

But it is not moving further (still 1972 images left in filesystem), I have also changed set_time_limit in image_location.php to 0 so that script could not get terminate in mid.

I have echoed all images path to trap on which image it stopped, and deleted that image from product page, but still now it stopped on just next image. :frowning:

Moving images
..E:\xampp\htdocs\freshcs1\images\detailed_images\detailed_image_1601.jpg
.E:\xampp\htdocs\freshcs1\images\detailed_images\detailed_image_1602.jpg
.E:\xampp\htdocs\freshcs1\images\detailed_images\detailed_image_1604.jpg
.E:\xampp\htdocs\freshcs1\images\detailed_images\detailed_image_1725.jpg
.E:\xampp\htdocs\freshcs1\images\detailed_images\detailed_image_1606.jpg
.E:\xampp\htdocs\freshcs1\images\detailed_images\detailed_image_1607.jpg
.E:\xampp\htdocs\freshcs1\images\detailed_images\detailed_image_1608.jpg
.E:\xampp\htdocs\freshcs1\images\detailed_images\detailed_image_1609.jpg
.E:\xampp\htdocs\freshcs1\images\detailed_images\detailed_image_1610.jpg
.E:\xampp\htdocs\freshcs1\images\detailed_images\detailed_image_1611.jpg
.E:\xampp\htdocs\freshcs1\images\detailed_images\detailed_image_1612.jpg
.E:\xampp\htdocs\freshcs1\images\detailed_images\detailed_image_1614.jpg
.E:\xampp\htdocs\freshcs1\images\detailed_images\detailed_image_1615.jpg
.E:\xampp\htdocs\freshcs1\images\detailed_images\detailed_image_1619.jpg
.E:\xampp\htdocs\freshcs1\images\detailed_images\detailed_image_2262.jpg
.E:\xampp\htdocs\freshcs1\images\detailed_images\detailed_image_3367.jpg

Any one have idea what’s happening :frowning:

Some one else faced such problem??

[quote name=‘vinic’]Some one else faced such problem??[/quote]

Like I said, you don’t have enough server resources to complete the process.

You should:

Install WAMP on your local computer

Import the store database to your local computer

Edit PHP / SQL setting that refer to timeouts and memory limits

Restart the Conversion.

In all cases the reason why your store conversion is not working is due to the server restrictions themselves to ensure your account does not eat up all the system resources (Load Balancing)

I’ve got a Dedicated Server at Softlayer and during conversion which took over 15 minutes for our current store it kept the CPU cranking at 95% and RAM usage for all that was available. Whether or not Rackspace has a cloud, I insist that you attempt to do this locally, and allow it at least one hour to complete.

You should be mindful that our store images were only 300MB for that long a conversion, 1.5GB will take substantially longer.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Like I said, you don’t have enough server resources to complete the process.

You should:

Install WAMP on your local computer

Import the store database to your local computer

Edit PHP / SQL setting that refer to timeouts and memory limits

Restart the Conversion.

In all cases the reason why your store conversion is not working is due to the server restrictions themselves to ensure your account does not eat up all the system resources (Load Balancing)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reply.

As i have mentioned I am doing all this upgrade in my localhost instead of web server, below is system configuration -

Processor - Intel P8700 2.53 GHz

Ram - 3 GB

HD - 180 GB

Windows Vista

Running on XAMPP

As you have mentioned to change php and mysql setting to stop timeout, I have already changed set_time_limit =0 and increased mysql_packet size to 80 MB, but still no luck.

It stop processing around 1800 images. Any idea what could be possible reason or how to move further.

[quote name=‘BarryH’]To be honest with you, stick with 1.3.5 as 2.0.#, have too many bugs and upgrade issues.

Have a trawl round the forum re the upgrade issues.

Stay where you are for now.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.

I faced the same problem.

In my case, some of the pics where to big. I reduced their sizes, or temporarly change them with low res pics.

After that I transfered imgs to database successfully.

regards

Leo