Update.tpl --> update database?

From the admin panel when you are adding products, the .tpl file used to display the Products General tab with Product Name, Product Code, Product Category etc. is update.tpl. Once you press save/create at the bottom, it updates several tables in the database (products, product_descriptions, etc.)… what file is called to insert into the database?

I searched the entire ‘core’ directory for INSERT statements, and there doesn’t seem to be anything I was looking for… can someone maybe guide my search. Many thanks.

Ahhh, I see now. I just did a full search on the entire public_html folder, and it seems that the insert and update statements are part of the controllers folder. For anyone who was looking for this, I hope this helps. Looks like most of this stuff is in products.php and product_features.php in the ‘controllers’ directory. If I find any useful info, i’ll post here!

Thanks for anyone who viewed this thread.

[quote name=‘unique2’]Ahhh, I see now. I just did a full search on the entire public_html folder, and it seems that the insert and update statements are part of the controllers folder. For anyone who was looking for this, I hope this helps. Looks like most of this stuff is in products.php and product_features.php in the ‘controllers’ directory. If I find any useful info, i’ll post here!

Thanks for anyone who viewed this thread.[/QUOTE]

I’ll be interested in what you can find. I’ll like to know exactly what fields are modified once you create/update/remove a product and what tables are affected.

If you find more, please let me us know.

Regards,

Sam

Good to hear at least someone else is interested…

I am going to make a help file / tutorial / how-to thingy once I get everything all mapped out.

I’ll probably post it in a new thread and then link that thread here so people won’t get confused.