Update Declined Order?

I just recently had a customer who’s CC was declined due to mismatch address.

So I went in and changed his address so everything is correct.

Because I don’t keep the CC info with the order I will need to re-enter it:

I can’t find any place to re-enter the CC for this order?

So How Do I Process (reprocess) this declined Order?

Anyone help?

If you click on “edit order” on the order detail page and follow the steps, you will get there.

Thanks for the reply, however when I click on “Edit Order” and go through:

Products > Customer Info > Totals > Summary

There is no place to re-enter the CC info so that I can process the order.

The response I recieved from support:

[QUOTE]The credit card information is encoded and saved in your database after the order placing and then if you edit and process the order again the system takes and displays this information for you. If there is no such information, it means that there was some problem with the payment method response or maybe you enabled the “Remove CC info:” option on the “Order statuses” page of your administration panel.[/QUOTE]

So I am assuming from this that I have to have the “Remove CC info:” UNCHECKED for the “Declined” Status under the “Order Statuses” page.

I will do that but would am concerned about “security” when it comes to keeping CC info.

So I would like to ask how others handle this on their “Order Statuses” page?

1. Should you “keep” CC info on all statuses
  2. Should you only “keep” CC info on “Declined” Orders so you can re-process?

What would be the recommendation for these settings?

Thanks,

[quote name=‘WebGuy’]Thanks for the reply, however when I click on “Edit Order” and go through:

Products > Customer Info > Totals > Summary

There is no place to re-enter the CC info so that I can process the order.

The response I recieved from support:

So I am assuming from this that I have to have the “Remove CC info:” UNCHECKED for the “Declined” Status under the “Order Statuses” page.

I will do that but would am concerned about “security” when it comes to keeping CC info.

So I would like to ask how others handle this on their “Order Statuses” page?

1. Should you “keep” CC info on all statuses
  2. Should you only “keep” CC info on “Declined” Orders so you can re-process?

What would be the recommendation for these settings?

Thanks,[/QUOTE]

I can tell you that if this happens with Newegg, ZipZoomfly and other eTailers they cancel your order you have to place a new order since they don’t have the ability to edit your credit card info either.

Yeah, that is what I did with that Order.

I had my order takers cancel and create a new order, but it is somewhat of a “hassle” as you have to call the customer back and get their CC info again.

I did change the status of Declined Orders to “keep” CC info as I believe it is encrypted and as such “unavailable”.

Plus, having it set only for declined orders would IMHO keep liability to a minimum.

I’d like to hear what others think and do concerning this?