Unknown e-Mail Subscriber

Hi,

Just noticed that I have a strange email registered in my subscriber (admin-content-subscribers) list.

There are only two, myself and this other subscriber.

I have no email subscriptions, but for this email subscriber, it says it is subscribed to one. I don’t have one.

Also, the registration date is always the current date and time.

Is this a cs-cart registration for the sending of data back to cs-cart?

The email is: dsf “at” efe “dot” ru

Anyone know what this email/registered user is?

Thanks,

Bob

[quote name=‘pbannette’]Hi,

Just noticed that I have a strange email registered in my subscriber (admin-content-subscribers) list.

There are only two, myself and this other subscriber.

I have no email subscriptions, but for this email subscriber, it says it is subscribed to one. I don’t have one.

Also, the registration date is always the current date and time.

Is this a cs-cart registration for the sending of data back to cs-cart?

The email is: dsf “at” efe “dot” ru

Anyone know what this email/registered user is?

Thanks,

Bob[/QUOTE]

Hello Bob,

It looks like it is a spamer. There are no such email addresses in our system.

Thank you.

Mikhail Ponomarev

CS-Cart Support team

Thanks,

But, how did they get in the list? I have no email sign up on the website. And why does the date registered always update to the date and time?

Since I have no email newsletters or any subscriptions, how does the registered info for this email is: 05/08/2011, 07.43 AM, Subscribed to 1 lists . There are no lists and the date and time is when I just copied it.

My email is the only other subscriber in the list and has: 12/19/2009, 03.28 PM, Subscribed to 0 lists.

Both mailing lists and newsletters are: No items defined.

Is there anyway I can see this information in a particular file or files, ie tpl file to see if there is any code added?

I will delete this email and see what happens, but need to find if there is code that will bring it back.

Thanks,

Bob

[quote name=‘CS-Cart Support team’]Hello Bob,

It looks like it is a spamer. There are no such email addresses in our system.

Thank you.

Mikhail Ponomarev

CS-Cart Support team[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about. There is this e-mail in my cart too, and it’s was right after installation

I did some research. Looks like there is a cs-cart hack site. It has this code on it:

INSERT INTO cscart_subscribers (subscriber_id, email, timestamp) VALUES (‘1’, ‘dsf@efe.ru’, ‘0’);

The site has to do with:

CS-Cart.v2.1.3.Pro.PHP.NULL-DGT

I do have the url of this site, but did not post in case it’s dangerous.

Easy to fine, only Google listing if you put the email in quotes.

CS-Cart should look into this.

Don’t know how I got something got inserted. I just use licensed versions of cs-cart.

Bob

This happens on all of my new installations also. That subscriber is even on my installations on my localhost.

I’ve seen this for a lot of versions now and have always assumed it was something built into CS-Cart.

It would be interesting to install CS-Cart on an offline computer and see if the email is still added.

To me, I think it is something CS put in there at some point and then forgot about.

Brandon

I put in a ticket through my account to have CS-CART look at this.

I need to know if a security issue or not.

I am only keeping on my site until cs-cart looks at it and lets me know what it is doing.

It is on their demo site. Brandonwd, you may be correct. CS-Cart did respond to my post and indicated in was spam. Looks like CS-CART is the spammer!

Bob

[ScRiPt iNfO]---------------------------------------------------------

¦ Script name : CS-Cart v2.1.3 Pro

¦ Supplied by : DGT

¦ Nullified by : DGT

¦ Protection : Removed

¦ Homepage : https://www.cs-cart.com

¦ Release date : 16-04-2011

¦ Release genre : Shop

¦ Release type : PHP/MySQL

¦ Price : Forget it :slight_smile:

¦ Under music : N/A

¦ NFO date : 14/02/2011

[DeScRiPtIoN]---------------------------------------------------------

CS-Cart is a standalone web application for building and managing an

ecommerce website of any size from a small web store to a virtual

shopping mall with multiple departments and product suppliers.

[/End DeScRiPtIoN]----------------------------------------------------

[iNfO aBouT rElEaSe]

**** Validator ****

Upload all files in BINARY mode.

Run validator.php before editing files to verify release.

Use online verifier of validator.php file and you will see NFO file.

Remove both files from server after checking and enjoy.

Remember, we include validator.php and checksums.md5 in our releases.

If you don’t see these files, don’t trust.

Do not modify validator.php.

From their conversation on the site:

Look what’s at line 8434 of data.sql

INSERT INTO cscart_subscribers (subscriber_id, email, timestamp) VALUES (‘1’, ‘dsf@efe.ru’, ‘0’);

and a bunch of other things.

Very sloppy, DGT.

I’m not quite following how a nulled script has anything to do with this. If it is in the default cart straight from CS-Cart, then it would likely be in the nulled script as well.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]I’m not quite following how a nulled script has anything to do with this. If it is in the default cart straight from CS-Cart, then it would likely be in the nulled script as well.

Brandon[/quote]

It’s been known for CS-Cart to code different archives with customer information (numbers, not names) in order to follow backup on license violations.

I’m not going to give out the details but it’s very straight forward once you know what to look for, doubt the DB would be any different.

j.

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]This happens on all of my new installations also. That subscriber is even on my installations on my localhost.

I’ve seen this for a lot of versions now and have always assumed it was something built into CS-Cart.

It would be interesting to install CS-Cart on an offline computer and see if the email is still added.

To me, I think it is something CS put in there at some point and then forgot about.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

Yes, i agree. I have the exact same. Its a fresh installation and i see this emailaddress dsf@efe.ru in subscriberlist, but why???

I like to hear a official statement from CS-Cart what is that now!!!???

Hello all!

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

It looks like that the mentioned e-mail has been added to the default database information for testing purposes. You can see the same subscriber in our demo installation: [url]Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days

This e-mail does not really exist and you can just delete it from your CS-Cart installation.

We will not include this information into default installation package in future.

Thank you for understanding.

Kate Lazarevskaya

CS-Cart Support team

It must be Interspire spying at the best cart there is! :cool:

Is there a way to put a captcha on the register page? I tried in the image verification section, turning it on for the page but nothing happened…

Hello bjm@catholicism.org,

It seems that the problem occurs because the “Do not use verification after first valid answer” option is enabled on the “Settings: Image verification” page in the administration panel and you have already submitted a correct answer for a captcha, so you cannot see it on the storefront. Please disable the mentioned option or try to register in your store using another computer.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team