Unique Product Code

I uploaded my products from Excel sheets that had the data from my old system. Now as I add proucts, I don’t see that CS-Cart checks to see if the Product Code is Unique.

Is that correct? I thought Product Code couldn’t have duplicates?

Thanks,

Adam

Correct, Product Code can be the same.

That’s wierd. I would think that product code would be unique. Is there a way for it to be unique?

Thanks,

Adam

Product code is not even a required field so I am sure that it is not unique - it could easily be left blank on all products.

However, this presents an issue when using export and import. If you have mistakenly given two products the same product code and export them, will both products update the same DB product (since the import is keyed by product code)? Other software I have used included the unique product_id in the export and used that to determine whether to update an existing record or create a new one on import.

Bob

Use Navicat :smiley:

Manipulate your data and export file back into your shop.

Is there anyway to make Product Code unique? It would help with imports, searching, and entering new products. We used Product Code as our location identifer in the warehouse. It tells our shipping people where to find the product. If Product Code can be duplicated, then it will not work as a true SKU.

Thanks,

Adam