Uncheck "notify User" On Editing Profile

Hi,

I'm trying to uncheck by default the check box "Notify User" when I'm editing profiles, sometimes by accident, even when just viewing customer account I hit the button by acident :unsure: , so, I want to uncheck it, I tried to remove the checked="checked" on design/backend/templates/views/profiles/update.tpl but no luck, stil the same (and yes, I cleared cache), bellow are the lines I tried to edit.

Is ther another way?

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm trying to uncheck by default the check box "Notify User" when I'm editing profiles, sometimes by accident, even when just viewing customer account I hit the button by acident :unsure: , so, I want to uncheck it, I tried to remove the checked="checked" on design/backend/templates/views/profiles/update.tpl but no luck, stil the same (and yes, I cleared cache), bellow are the lines I tried to edit.

Is ther another way?

Thanks!

This should work, how did you clear cache? Try to remove var/cache folder.

Also it is better to change

value="Y"

to

value="N"

Thank you very much Oleg :grin: , now it worked, it was the cache indeed, just the &cc wasn't doing it.

Thank you very much Oleg :grin: , now it worked, it was the cache indeed, just the &cc wasn't doing it.

I am glad to here that it is working:)

Looks like the cache was not cleared. It works for me on the local instalaltion:

http://prntscr.com/caa3pv

P.S. Did not see the posts above